HE'S HERE!!!! *pics* :D

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
Yayyy!!

Here's how it went..
9am we set off with everything one would ever need to load a horse.. Got to him at bout half 10 - quarter to 11.

He didn't like the travel boots but he wasn't being nasty, just couldn't work out how to pick up his legs - think new born bambi! So we took back ones off and left fronts on..

He walked on the trailer first time, cool as a cucumber straight in :D ... then his old owner backed him off the ramp and lead him in again... I was rather perplexed... She kept doing this for about 20mins until Quitus twigged that he didn't have to go in if he was jut going to back out again and wouldn't go in!! Oh I was pretty frustrated.

Eventually got him in, whole time he was chilled and honest while she flapped about!!

Sorted out his paperwork, grabbed his rugs and off we went! He travelled really well, not one bead of sweat on him when I unloaded him :) Straight into nice clean stable with a hay net and he was chilled as anything!

So we had a bit of a groom and a munch to eat and I tucked him up in bed! Going to go back and see him in a little bit to give him dinner and cuddles!

So here are the pics, please bear in mind he's a 4yo French Trotter who's just come back from being turned away and will start work next week! He's still bum high but won't mature for a couple years yet - Currently standing at 16.2hh ish - probably bigger! How does his condition look do we think?

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

He's a stunner! :D;)

Glad that it all went well for you, I think his condition looks great - doesn't seem to look underweight or such.

Good luck with him! :)

He is a handsome boy! :D

Love his colour, he looks in fine condition when he gets back into work he will look even better.

i hope you have lots of fun together :D

We had no idea what she was doing?! She said she wanted to make it a happy experience for him!?! Surely he was happy walking on and doing it first time round? Oh well he's miney now and he won't be doing any of that backwards rubbish! Going to take for a wee walkie round the yard in a min let him sniff everythin out :D

you must be thrilled!!! glad he travelled so well, especially with him being a yougster.

i think that leading up the ramp,then backing off is a parelli thing,but if it isnt broke,dont fix it...:confused:.

good luck,he's a lovely colour.:)

such a stunning horse, he has very nice eyes very honest looking, he has a watery one like my mac, damn wind

Lovely horse. One thing I did spot, and it might just be me seeing things, but his toes look quite long on the front.

:D

newrider.com