He's losing his Summer coat...

Mr Ed

Mar 1, 2009
:frown:

Apologies for yet another 'end of Summer' type thread :unsure: but, Ed has started to lose his Winter coat big time this week.... handfuls of the stuff are starting to come out.... out with the sleek, in with the woolly :biggrin:

I thought mine was the only one... noticed this morning she has started moulting and fluffed up.. what does this mean.. hard winter on the way.. oh no :stomp: hope not :frown:

Yep Roxy's coat is coming out by the tuft ball now - it's so sad! I almost want to keep her summer coat & dappled somewhere safe over winter when she has her fur coat on just as a reminder of what she looks like in summer

Mimi's been losing hers for a few weeks now, but only a small amount. Over the last couple of weeks she's losing it very quickly. I'm gutted, she does this every year, she only actually has her summer coat for about six weeks, before she starts getting ready for winter. It's sooooooo depressing.

And I jolly well hope she doesn't know something we don't, and is getting ready for another long, cold, hard winter :cold:

Shads is loosing his too, his saddle cloth is covered in fur!

I'm not used to this moulting lark, he was fully clipped before his summer coat came through, so I had no moulting winter coat to deal with.

I feel the clippers shall be out again before to long, once all the summer shows are over...soooooo DEPRESSING!!! :frown:

My youngsters defo fluffy, but my big 'un is still in full summer coat, despite the odd hair now starting to shed, he's going to be a late starter with his shedding by the sounds of it..

Mostly modest hair loss here too. Autumn is on the horizon now, our lot have just moved to the fields at the bottom of the farm as they always do at this time of year. No need to be downhearted though, there's still plenty of light evenings and (hopefully) good weather to enjoy :)

Absolutely Yann - I actually love autumn riding as it's cooler, the grounds a little softer and I love the autumn colours ......

Oscar too

Great to have seen this thread, as Oscar began serious moulting a couple of weeks ago and I worried that it was just him! Reading that so many of you and yours are also in the various stages makes it feel more normal to me now:smile:

Last night I got into car and OH said to me 'sit there and don't move until we get home and I can brush you down':wink: looked like I'd been dipped in a big bag or white hairy flour!!!!!!!

O:biggrin:)....

my lads going darker this happend last year before his winter coat came .didnt last long before it got clipped off . so if i go by my lad going darker n his coat fluffing up but not growing . ladys winter is soon on its way

newrider.com