Hi - I am new here - was wondering about buying a Criollo....

Hi there!
I know its been a while since you posted this question but I am new to this site so have only just read it.

My husband and I have been riding at Susie Bowie's place, Grange Farm at Cranoe, every weekend for over a year and couldn't recommend it highly enough.
The horses are amazing, so much choice and not a single horse there that we don't enjoy riding!

I have owned horses and ponies in the past and returned to riding 3 years ago after a 12 year break, when my husband decided he wanted to learn to ride.
After 18 months of lessons / hacking at a conventional riding school, English style, we discovered Western riding at Grange Farm and these wonderful Criollos and we never want to ride any other way!

The rides are in the most stunningly beautiful countryside, with rolling hills, quiet country lanes, miles of bridle paths and gated roads - even a ford to cross (look out if you're riding Costillio - he's rather fond of water!)

If I was ever in the market to buy another horse I wouldn't consider anything other than a Criollo, after riding a wide variety of different ones over the last 15 months.
They have many different personalities, some laid back and steady, some quite feisty and very very fast, but all are really responsive, comfortable and seem to be fazed by very little and will do whatever is asked of them.

Unfortunately we do not have the time or the funds to buy 2 horses at the moment, but then why would we need to? We have the choice of 12+ Criollos to ride every weekend and we enjoy being able to help tack up before and groom and turn out etc after our ride.

If you are still looking for a Criollo and haven't already contacted Susie, I really would give her a try. She has always has several Criollos for sale and always takes great care to find the right match.
Good Luck - maybe we'll see you there one day!

amen to that!!!
www.grangefarmcriollohorses.com

newrider.com