Hi - remember me?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Hi all, just thought I'd pop by for a coffee and a chat :p

Lots of news since I was last here. Still got Roo who is gorgeous. He was barefoot for 11 months which really helped his feet and he was re-shod at the beginning of May and we started getting out and about and working on fitness (both of us!) I also swapped him to a Dr Cook bridle and that has been something of a revelation and we now have brakes! My confidence had been a bit wibbly, pretty much because of all the notriding, but soon came back. I think it was helped by having a gorgeous 17.2hh WB temporarily on loan - suddenly Roo because my "comfort blanket", the one I really know well and we've gone from strength to strength. Last week I even did something I said I'd NEVER do....

BAM4.jpg

Don't be too impressed though... he took off too early and when he landed I pitched up onto his neck and couldn't recover so I bailed :eek: Landed on my back and now have something called a "seroma" which is basically a bruise which has filled with fluid rather than blood and can take weeks to go. It's very tender but at least I can still move and - most importantly - WORK!!

DSC02656.jpg

So.... as mentioned above, I had Buzz on loan for a while and it was then that I realised that I didn't want BIG horses, I said I'd never have a TB and yet I've ended up hopelessly in love with a 16.2 one! So Buzz got returned to his owner and I decided I wanted to go back to my first love of hairy coblets...

Some of you will remember the fun I had with Ludo who was a little hairy that I acquired around the age of 8 months and had for about 18m before I had to sell him?

Continued in next post....

So on Sunday I took delivery of this little fellow....

BAM3.jpg

Email3.jpg

His name is Albion - Albi and he is a year at the end of next week - on my birthday :) He's currently standing 13hh, to make around 15hh and has all the markers of Tovero colouring, except for blue eyes... his are brown, although he has white eyelashes on his offside!

Roo was SO excited to see him and I left them to make friends over the stable door for a couple of hours before turning them out. Albi was a really cool dude and took everything in his stride.

BAM8.jpg

BAM6.jpg

I know Roo and he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body so I wasn't worried about how he'd be with the little one. Little one has been in a field with 2 x rising 3yo heavies so I'm pleased his with a mature horse that will teach him some manners and show him how things are done!

I turned them out, initially having Albi in a small paddock next to Roo but quickly realised that they'd be fine together and opened the gate. Roo came in and was acting so stupidly... it was hilarious... showing off to Albs who just stood watching him as if to say :rolleyes: They did a bit of running around and then settled to graze. I will show you this vid... it's 4 mins long but quite entertaining, especially when Roo does his dinosaur impressions around 2 mins.

So, that's all my news... what's new with you lot then???

Last edited:
Wow, love that pic of you jumping - Roo is just gorgeous! (but then I have a thing for dark bay TB's). Good luck with Albi, sure he'll keep you busy! ;):D

Hope your seroma is better soon.

Hi Ya,

Wow, lots of news to catch up on. I can't believe you jumped :D That Dr Cooks must really be good for your confidence.

I'm loving Albi. What a laid back boy he seems. Has all the makings of a lovely temperment for the future. :cool:

Had to laugh at Roo's antics though as he showed off :D

Ouch! your back looks painful.:eek:

Horses look lovely, great to see them having fun.:)

I will always remember the clip you posted of Ludo, bringing himself in over a large gate.:D:eek:

Hello there!!! Nice to see you again! Great pics and nice to hear all about the horses - jumping - whatever next?????!!!!!!!!
Hope you're healing too - ouchy!!!

FABULOUS:D

You should drop in more often for 'coffee and a chat':D

Your back looks painful, but thankfully no permanent damage.

Roo is looking great and so is the Newbie, Albi, he is gorgeous.

Keep coming back with the updates, we miss you;)

Welcome back! :) Great pics and a fab vid, I love Roo's antics, and the bits where they're staring at something fascinating in the distance together. Your new arrival is adorable :) Hope the back's sorted soon.

Hi Domane

I remember you, from when i was a member here before (different name thought back then, i first joined in 2006)

Hope you are well, nice to see you back xx

Lovely to hear all of your news! wow, you have been busy!!! Roo still looking as lovely as ever and just love your newbie!!! You always did like the hairy ponies!!!!!

Still at HC.... I don't know whether you know but we lost our beautiful Lucy in January... not sure Decs and me will ever get over her. Dolly still the same lovely big girl she always has been! We have a new 12.2 and shes a sweetie but very much a challenge!

Lovely to see you back on here... hope you stay D x;):)

newrider.com