HM, Easysit.

Free Adverts from New Rider

Maria

Jul 23, 1999
Visit site
Hi Monty

It's possible to vary the amount of seatsaver foam in the seat of the saddle. I'm sure that is something that Heather and Dave will consider next week.

A doeskin or suede seat will be a bit more grippy too. I know they're options on the Barry Swain versions - not sure about the Easisit. Perhaps Speedy or Ros can put me right on that point.

Having been introduced to the benefits of serge panels with Carrie's GP, I'm eagerly awaiting the return of my HM dressage saddle with it's new serge Owen half panel. I use a thin cotton saddle cloth under the GP although I tried it out without a saddle cloth first time round. On Jill Shephard's advice I've vacuumed the serge to get rid of blue and white cob hairs as and when necessary.

I bet you can't wait until Wednesday. I'm sure that Dave and Heather will be able to sort out something for you and Rebel.

Maria

Sue Carnell

Feb 16, 2000
Visit site
Yes the Dave Easi-Sit saddles do also come with a suede seat if required. I much prefer suede myself and fitted a lovely suede one just this morning!

I got a box of chocs and a lovely card from my person. I bet most saddle suppliers/fitters don't get cards and chocs and I bet most of them don't ride the horses themselves when requested to see whether the saddle fits and sits right, either. :)

Thanks Julie! For the chocs and the ride. :)

Sue Carnell
sue@eclipse.co.uk

Maria

Jul 23, 1999
Visit site
Hi Sue

What a nice surprise for you. But then good saddle fitters are like good farriers to be treasured and looked after.

Jill fitted Carrie's GP and she rode Carrie so that I could see what Carrie looked like ridden in the holistic tree with the half panel. It was great to be able to see what I felt under saddle from the ground! And the first time I'd ever been offered this service.

Have to say that if the latest adjustment to the dressage saddle doesn't sort out the problems then I'm going to have to bite the bullet - admit that Carrie's changing shape can't be accommodated by the current saddle and buy a new one. Given I'm going to run two saddles then I'll be very tempted by a doeskin top rather than a leather one.

Maria

newrider.com