Holiday ideas wanted

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I am trying to think of something fun to do with my family in August this year. I have 2 little boys (aged 3 and 6) who are typical boys - like running around at 100mph and having fun.

We are renting a cottage in May half term with my parents, but I would like to do something different with just my husband and the boys in the summer. We have about £1000 to spend. I have been thinking of camping in France for a week. We don't really fancy center parks or butlins type places. I want to go to a place where the boys will be entertained and we don't have to do too much travelling/sightseeing.

Any ideas on what we could do, or where we could go? Either here or abroad?

I can do a bit of research on campsites and gites if you are looking at France, have you got any specific areas in mind? Lots of family-friendly places in Brittany.

I can do a bit of research on campsites and gites if you are looking at France, have you got any specific areas in mind? Lots of family-friendly places in Brittany.

We are thinking of Brittany (and we could pay you a visit as well!). If we did go to France we would like somewhere close to the beach with a swimming pool complex and a playground. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy or big - they would be more than happy splashing around in a big paddling pool. If you did know of anywhere suitable then I would appreciate it if you could let me know. x

newrider.com