Holiday in January

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
destination suggestions required! Needs to be warm- above 20degrees would be :biggrin:
Relatively cheap :wink:
Preferably flying from Newcastle :unsure:
Have any of you been away during Jan? Where did you go? :help:

Goa!

I went years ago and it was lovely in January and lovely in general, a bit of a culture shock at first but you get over it. It was very VERY cheap, can imagine it's much the same now.

I know it's a bit long haul but I think that's probably the only option for that time of year if you want a bit of warm.

Otherwise, Caribbean. Dom Rep? Cuba?
Nearer home, Egypt?

You can get some good deals for Jan.

Ah session timed out! Where was it?

The search criteria is still there at the side. I just did a random search for middle of Jan.

It was Egypt. 7 nights all inclusive, £489 each. not bad when you consider you don't really need spending money! Flying direct from Newcastle too.

I've never been myself but always fancied it if it were out of season like in January.

The Canaries should be over 20 degrees in January, but you may be unlucky and get some cooler weather.

Otherwise, from Newcastle I can only think of Egypt. I have been put off because of the security requirements, but also know many people who go every year and love it?!

Ideally I would go to the Caribbean - but I expect you would need to fly from Manchester.

Problem is that for many winter destinations, January is their high season, so it is expensive - and from prior experience, flights to the Canaries sell out quickly for that month.

We usually go on a long haul holiday in the winter, as that is when we are not milking our cows - and it is difficult to find somewhere affordable (we want to go to Costa Rica, but you are looking at several thousand pounds!). We went to our beloved Spain last January (flew out on 2nd January, just as the worst of the snow hit Wales - got the last flight out from Cardiff for a few days), and it was 18 degrees most days. I was in an outside hot tub in my bikini whilst the UK was struggling in the snow. Not beach weather, but still a wonderful break away and so much quieter.

Another option could be Dubai - there is lots of choice there, so you could get a good deal.

Ali xx

Everyone who i know who has been to Egypt always come back with stomach bugs! It puts me off going.

We went to Egypt all inclusive a few years ago in February. I'm coeliac and have to be careful with what I eat so all inclusive can be a bit worrying in case the choice is very limited. However the food was great and we didn't get tummy bugs!

It was warm in Feb, sunbathing weather, although not red-hot, but the days were quite short - the sun started to go down about 4 pm and I found it a bit chilly in the evenings, although others were still in shorts and t-shirts - I had jeans and jumper on!

Other than that I've never really been on a winter holiday - lots of people seem to go to Tenerife but I've never been. I'd love to go on more, the only drawback is you come back with a nice tan and then have to cover it all up with woolly jumpers and scarves!

newrider.com