home-made horses treats??

risky buisness

old newbie
Jan 28, 2009
kent
hey, i was wondering if any one knew of any home-made treats that they had made for there horses?

i was thinking it would be nice to make some treats for amey. but i cant really seem to find many on here i need some thats not going to make her hypo she has enough energy to be getting on with:p

any ideas would be great as would help my bordem when i have nothing else todo...:) thanks in advance!

made amey some horse cookies and they went down a treat
(get it:p) you can tell i have to much time on my hands haha.

but no she loved them and the other horses to...lets pray there all still ok in the morning :D

i made some consists of honey oats grated apple and carrots and finally apple sauce- mix em all up then cook em for 10 mins - you can eat them too! theyre lush!

The ones I make are just grain, oats, bran, applesauce, molasses and a bit of flour if the dough is too soft. A tip for baking your own: instead of baking them like normal cookies, put them in the oven at 100-150F or so for 8-10 hours. This dehydrates them so they are hard like store-bought horse treats, and they last far longer as there is no moisture to encourage mold growth.

newrider.com