Home made jumps

Anro

Boo!
Jan 4, 2007
Ireland
Any one know how to make jumps Im getting a horse soon and I dont want to have spend hundreds on sets of jumps!

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssse:cool: :D :D :D :D :) :) :)

well . . . you can always use 'make-do' jumps, such as:

for wings . . .

crates, tables, chairs, property fences, boxes, log stumps, animal cages/hutches, blocks (wood, plastic, etc), old furniture (check out a dump!) such as wardrobes, drawers, beds, anything that can cope with wind and rough ground substantially . . .

for poles/filers/trotting poles . . .

logs, branches, brush bushes, rolled up newspaper tied togather/stuffed inside toilet or kitchen role holders tied togatehr with string/staples, anything that will fall over when reasonable pressure is applied . . .

- i have used scrap wood from a fallen shelter on the golf course where i work; it was already beautifully painted and nailed together, all i had to do was transport it and set it up!

are these at all helpful?!
have fun, and good luck with any ideas!
:)

Look uup on the internet Lorien's stable in florida. That's Galadriel's website, she has something on there about how to make jumps.

I've just posted this in another thread on here, saying you can use anything. This is me about 8 years ago with an example:

wellie.jpg

Drainpipes make good cheap poles. Put a bit of sand in to make them heavier (not loads, just so they sit steady) and block the ends up - screwed up carrier bag pushed in works fine. Paint them, wrap tape round them or put them in those plastic pole sleeves - which also stop bits of plastic spreading if the pole gets trodden on. I think you can buy them from Robinsons.

search this topic on the forums cos I know we've had loads of discussions about this before.

newrider.com