Hoof boots, bear it in mind

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
That they can break!
My boa cables broke today on one front boot, which twisted and pony tripped over. We were on country lane and he's luckily only got small cuts.
Friend has had renegrader fly off before now.
I take up most care of his feet of trim etc but i'd overlooked to double check the cables.
Ps also investing in stowaway bag to put broke boot so dont have to hold it. Also a spare boot would've been useful as well.

Oh dear hope pony is ok,and boot can be fixed??

I have renegades and must admit am totally OCD about checking them before and during the ride (mind you I am a bit OCD about most things lol),sos far so good and they seem fab but I sometimes think it would be easier to have him shod just to save me the constant worry and checking:eek:

Of course now you have given me something else to worry about,flying renegades:eek::D

The boots I have had have always flown off:rolleyes: I have a pair of easy boots sat beside me now with one of the clasps bent so it doesn't work properly

Well i'll let you know how long it takes to change the cables!
Anyone else changed a boa i think changing car tyre is easier. The "loosen" bit is not happening yet:)

Yep, I've done various maintenance jobs on Boas, we used to snap cables for fun:rolleyes: Let me know if you get stuck with anything, because it's something I might have got stuck with too :D

Hoof boots aren't always 100% reliable in every situation, but most can be repaired if they get damaged.

I've had 18months and they've had lot of use so very pleased with them.
Yann yes i'm stuck. I've unscrewed what it says but the cable will not pull out, bearing in mind only small piece to come out as it snapped in two places.
Also stowaway bag to put boot in ordered.

What bust completely? If the dial mechanism is screwed you can buy a replacement for about a fiver.

yes you can buy new dial as well as cables and spare caps for boas. I always carry a bit baler twine in pocket and if i break a cable and need to take it off i tie boot to saddle. My pony's Boas are so worn in and are snug that if a cable breaks for walking and trotting they will stay on. I do use a bigger pair when she is due for a trim and i would have to take these ones off if a cable broke. I have found cable s break more if boots are too big.
Haffi h

I've ordered the dial and awaiting its arrival.
Very pleased with boots done lots of miles and i'm sure swimming in the sea didnt help them. I dont boot up for beach now.

newrider.com