Hoof boots for feathery fellow

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I'm thinking about a pair of boots for Sid to help him transition. But OMG, what will I do with his feathers? Does anyone use boots on a feathery fellow - which ones would you recommend?

I have Cavallo Treks for Gracie. The hair will move out of the way for them. You might get a little bit of tuftiness but it's not hugely unsightly.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
Cavello Trek on Buddy, just put the boots on and bring the feathers over the top, the velcro is underneath the strap so doesn't catch. They stay on very well and last well, the side seams at the back are the weakest point. I couldn't get Scoot to fit Buddy. Urban Horse send out samples for you to try on or you might get someone come out to fit, they do two types, one for horses whose feet are same width and length, and another one for those who are longer in the hoof which Buddy is. We have some black and some high viz green ones.

Cavello Trek on Buddy, just put the boots on and bring the feathers over the top, the velcro is underneath the strap so doesn't catch. They stay on very well and last well, the side seams at the back are the weakest point. I couldn't get Scoot to fit Buddy. Urban Horse send out samples for you to try on or you might get someone come out to fit, they do two types, one for horses whose feet are same width and length, and another one for those who are longer in the hoof which Buddy is. We have some black and some high viz green ones.
Thanks so much @diplomaticandtactful , that's two votes for the Cavallo Trek! I love the green ones. I can't buy them at present though because his feet have gone a really weird shape as the nail holes grow out - they are 20mm longer than wide which nobody makes boots for. The Cavallos will be my first choice I think, though Equine Fusion get good reviews too.

Thanks so much @diplomaticandtactful , that's two votes for the Cavallo Trek! I love the green ones. I can't buy them at present though because his feet have gone a really weird shape as the nail holes grow out - they are 20mm longer than wide which nobody makes boots for. The Cavallos will be my first choice I think, though Equine Fusion get good reviews too.
I may have some of the Slim ones that i used on buddy which are longer if you give me his dimensions i can measure what i have here and you could borrow them

I have 3 cavallo sport boots which are old and the top is a bit stretched. they may be the regular or the sport fit or a mixture of both as one seemed to be 150x150 and one seemed to be more 150x160. If they are a bit loose you can add some foam or wrap hoof in a bandage to fill the gap. They are very old, the Trek ones i have are bigger, I think these must have been for Molly as too small for Buddy. if you want to try them you are welcome

1625215937459.png

I have 3 cavallo sport boots which are old and the top is a bit stretched. they may be the regular or the sport fit or a mixture of both as one seemed to be 150x150 and one seemed to be more 150x160. If they are a bit loose you can add some foam or wrap hoof in a bandage to fill the gap. They are very old, the Trek ones i have are bigger, I think these must have been for Molly as too small for Buddy. if you want to try them you are welcome

View attachment 107334
I would love to, if you PM me your email address I can send you the postage and my address. Fancy them being even the right ball park in size! You're very kind

Hmmm!! The boy is in the cavallos simple.
Soxs are 3 infront and 2 behind. However in the other boots... vipers he was... 140mmx135mm and 135mm x130mm I think

newrider.com