Horse-Free Weekend Plans :-(

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Bah Humbug...... Visiting family down South for the weekend as it's my dad's 80th birthday bash. So no horsey time. I should be pleased, and it will be lovely to see everyone, but I hate being away from the horses! Does that make me very sad and one dimensional?

Poor Zak was hacked, schooled and jumped yesterday to keep me and the girls going! Though short sessions of each spread out through the day. He'll have 3 days off now though as we are leaving straight after school/work. As will Xav. I was keen to ride Cally yesterday too but was too soft to get the lazy lump up from her sun bathing so just used her as a lovely comfy field sofa instead :p.

I'm the same, I find it really had to give up my weekends (pure horsey time) to do non horsey things, I don't mind if I can do horsey stuff say firs thing sat and last thing sunday but just feel like I've missed out so much if I miss the whole weekend :rolleyes: :p

Normally I am the same about going away but I have to admit to really looking forward to my trip home for my sister's wedding in August! Don't mind a non-horsey few days every now and again if it's for something important.

I'm not riding at all for the next 3 days but ill still be poo picking etc albeit quickly so will still get my Ale fix. Tonight I'm off cycling after work, tomorrow working all day and Sunday having a party for my Nan! I'm very lucky though that's he's being ridden for me all 3 days and even gets to go hacking, so I'm happy enough not to ride so long as I still see him

newrider.com