Horse passport - name change

rach4uk4

Colourful Comedian :)
Sep 9, 2005
brentwood, essex. UK
PLEASE HELP!
This is probably not the correct place but couldnt see another suitable area to post :)
Is it possible to change a horses name on his passport?
I am trying to change my horses name (as it is ridiculous) to include the "stanhopes" prefix. but BSPA (who my horse is currently passported with) are not allowing this. Even though i have got conformation from Stanhopes Stud (where horse was bred) and NED (national equine database).
So I dont see where the problem is??
Any help seriously appreciated!!
:)

I have never tried changing a name, I did have to get permission from a breeder to try and register a pony, much later on, that he hadn't.

They allowed him in at the age of 4-5 with the prefix of his original breeder although it was not the breeder who registered him....if you see what I mean. We did need DNA from both his parents though.

Have you phoned them up and thrashed it out with them? It is often the only way, when you get to speak to them they will often tell you another way of going about things that they won't put in writing.

I'd phone them and hassle them and ask them for their reasons. Do you have all the permission in writing, do they have copies?

newrider.com