Horse rescued from a cattle market - Cant remember NR name!!

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
Ages ago there was a post from a NR member who had gone to cattle sale and there had been a horse left there as it didnt sell at the Horse sales a few days previous, from memory i think it was a lovely looking chestnut pony. I was thinking about it today and would love to know what happened to the pony.

So if it was you or you can remember who it was please reply!

I remember the thread but sorry can't remember who it was. Not much help am I, but like you I would love to know what became of the horse.

I could be very,very wrong here (I do confuse easily lol),but I *think* it might have been dragonfarmgirl.Was not a pony though,think it was a chestnut mare,TB type.

Is she called Holly or something?? Again have no idea if that's correct,she's probably called Gertrude or something knowing my memory lol

I just have vague recollections of her saying that she had bought the mare from the sale as felt sorry for her,because she was left behind.But then I have a lot of recollections,vague and otherwise lol,think it's my age:redface::tongue:

Poppy that was it! She looked so cute, i remember wondering how or why anyone would leave her behind. Hopefully we can get an update?

Poppy :biggrin:
I got her Nov 11th last yr so called her Poppy.
She has turned out to be really lovely.
She was very thin with an abscess growing out half way down her hoof but had the lovliest face and a nature to match.
I rugged her and turned her out with my Haffie, and left her to just be a horse.
She put on weight, my EP sorted out her hoof and I started NH with her.
The idea was to bring her on and sell her but she got under my skin. She follows me around like a dog, stands over me like a mare with her foal if I go and sit in the field, and always comes running for her cuddles.
I am splitting with my OH so have to leave my farm but didn't consider selling her for a sec so I guess the decision has made itself :redface:
I have been having terrible trouble with my back and hip and most days struggle just to walk so I haven't done much with her but I will not sell her.
New Yard (we move on thursday) has fantastic facilities and lots of liveries and if I can't ride her I might look for someone to start working with her as I am really curious what she will be like under saddle.
She has excellent conformation and moves beautifully so may be good for eventing.
I may put her on loan as long as she stays on this yard.
I really love her and am so glad I followed my heart :happy:
Thanks for thinking of her xxx

Thats such great news, she struck gold with you! Its so nice to hear that she is doing well, i can totally understand you not wanting to part with her, it sounds like you have a very special bond. I am really chuffed i placed this post as i was thinking of her all day.

:redface:

I'm no good at links but if you go to youtube and type in 'poppy gets curious' you can see her curious nature (and how good she is with folding chairs !!)
I will post an update when we have moved as my arab filly will be coming straight from the vet hospital and I haven't had chance to integrate them into a little herd yet so there will be plenty of news xxx

Glad you still have her, sorry to hear of your other woes. life sucks at times.

She looked a very sweet mare who has clearly got under your skin! Clever girl.

I've just looked at Poppy on You Tube. What a gorgeous girl she is. This is such a lovely story; sounds like it was meant to be. She was so lucky to find a wonderful home, and you are lucky to have found such a sweet, loving horse. I would so love to have a relationship like this with a horse, I'm very envious.

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going too well, but hope things work out for you and your horses. I'd love to hear more about how Poppy gets on.

newrider.com