Horseware ireland vs weatherbeeta

Sol_Gemma

spring break!
Aug 3, 2006
Exeter
www.myspace.com
Hello :eek:

My 16hh TB cyrrently wears a 6' rambo rug, and my 14.3 welsh x has a 6'3 rambo rug (both turmout) the 6'3 is a little long on my mare but no problem. I want to get them both a heaveyweight and lightweight weatherbeeta rug to share, can anyone advise how the sizes compare as im not sure if i should get 6' or 6'3 :confused:

Thanks!

My 15.2hh QH wears 6'0" weatherbeeta but the 6'3" rambo supreme was too short (especially when he put his head down !)

I think you need a size down in WB compared to rambo (well I do anyways :D )

ETA : if your TB is a "lighter-weight" then I think 6'0" should be OK. Just bear in mind that I find the rambos fit snugger around the neck and shoulders, especially with finer horses (My QH is tight in rambo but rambo (or Premier equine which are equivalent but cheaper !) fit my arab better around the neck and shoulders !)

Last edited:
I have weatherbeetas for both my criollo boys. They are both totally different in shape but both 15hh (one is more like a welsh cob sec D, and the other more like a TB). The WB's fit them both so well. The only gripe I have with them is they dont breathe very well at all. Made in China with cheap materials according to several different tack shops that stock them !!! The more TB type horse sweats like mad in his mediumweight, where the chunkier lad doesnt sweat at all in either M/W or H/W !!!

Other than that they are good.

Incidently another girl on the yard has a 16 hh TB mare in 6'3 Rambo's, had tried our 6' WB on her and it is just too short on her literally by a couple of inches on the quarters, but fits the neck (full neck cover).

Hope it helps

newrider.com