Horsey life small pleasures....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
One of my favourite things is opening up a new packet of riding gloves:smile: Today I wore my new Shires purple ones and they felt fab. And I promise to keep them clean and not wear them for yard duties......
Another thing I adore is new feed. Opening a fresh bag of Happy Hoof. Yum. Feels so nice as I squish it down into the feed bin.

So what are yours?

When the cob gives me her quiet soft nicker, it means she is feeling fruity but its the thought that counts. :wink: Seriously its her coming into season sign.

At the moment after a session I sometimes get a large ice cream with a flake. I did think if taking a photo for here then thought gosh that's kinda sad. :wub:

When the cob gives me her quiet soft nicker, it means she is feeling fruity but its the thought that counts. :wink: Seriously its her coming into season sign.

At the moment after a session I sometimes get a large ice cream with a flake. I did think if taking a photo for here then thought gosh that's kinda sad. :wub:

That's not sad!!!:biggrin:

Got complimented on my riding today - that was pretty nice (and rarer than a snow leopard in midsummer)! Had a lesson with a new instructor (as my regular RI is on hols) and she was asking me about my ambitions, I said it was to do clear round jumping at a show, maybe 40cms, and she said not to undersell myself, from what she'd seen I could easily go higher. Which was nice! (It was not said in a pushy way.)

Rubic very rarely nickers at me! The 2 ponies I ride nicker at me nearly every time I do them. Honey nickers when I'm putting her tack away and letting her cool down after a ride (just so I don't forget to feed her) and Jester usually neighs when I shout him from the field gate!

ETA as for my small pleasures... hmmm. I don't know! I just appreciate when things go right just now so whether I'm trying to teach Rubic a new clicker thing or if I'm riding and things are going well that is me happy! I do love cleaning and polishing my ariats though, and when I put them on after they've been cleaned! I'd wear them all the time if I could!!!

Last edited:
newrider.com