Hot Desking Equine Style

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Feels like winter already, weather attrocious, starvation paddock for fat club under water so we have been hot desking equine style. We did have stables for all but having to store 100 bales at a time of straw for the fat club means we have lost one.

Aimee and Tintin went out after breakfast, took them to the field shelter where they were given a haynet and could watch the rain in comfort.

Buddy Suze and Fleurette came in from being out all night and stayed on the yard. Tonight have put Suze and Fleur up the winter field as it is dryer and kept Buddy in as it is forecast heavy rain most of the night. The comtois 2 have a hedge and thicket to shelter in.

Leo and the two donkeys came in from starvation paddock, Krug and Murphy into aimee and Tintin's stable for the day shift and vacated it this evening so A&T could be installed. Leo was a bit footy so he stood in his stable all day and is now out on the yard tonight with Murphy and Krug.

I wish it would dry up a bit.....

Reactions: Jessey
Loosing that extra stable sounds like a PITA, hopefully you can get use of it back before winter?
I don't really need it as Suze is going to winter out and if necessary the donkeys can all go into her big stable. I am planning to winter the two fat donkeys out in the summer field on a track with access to the field shelter. I have 2 x double stables and 3 singles,. Buddy has a double, Aimee and Tintin a double, Suze and Fleur and Leo are quite happy on the yard, Murph doesn't like being stabled and prefers to be yarded. This year I have been leaving it up to them what they want to do, in or out. During the day Buddy fleur and suze are on the yard, Leo and 2 donks in starvation paddock, Aimee and Tintin out in the big field with field shelter where they can choose what they want to do. Before the cushings scare bud was out during day but he is now going out at night with Suze and Fleur. In winter likely he and Aimee and tintin may have the whole yard and stables to themselves, or Fleur might come in at night like last year as she has been laminitic so don't want her out in frost.

Reactions: Jessey
Wow! Sounds like you have your hands full!
I had to do the stable hopping last year with a horse too many. Bit of a nightmare!

newrider.com