House Bunnies anyone?!?

starrynight

Aug 13, 2008
OK so now i can finally talk about my cutey bunny :)

Meet Domino!

hes a 2 1/2yo lopx(possibly with a dutch because of his markings - last vet had him down as a french lop but i'm not sure). He isn't such a fan of being picked up but likes getting a good little pat also chewing on the wires of his cage, through wires, phonebooks and shoes - hes very friendly with people he knows but is nervous around new people ANYWAY its picture time! :p

5028729286a7372719349l.jpg

5028729286a7394511326l.jpg

5028729286a7394530855l.jpg

5028729286a8361023451l.jpg

And this is my fav one!!!
5028729286a8832956467l.jpg

Anyone else with a rabbit or two?!?

Awww they are adorable!! I'd have loved to have a pair, i think domino gets lonely sometimes but I wasn't even really supposed to buy one (my mum didn't speak to me for a while after i got him - i stayed at home when i got him and we already had a cat). Hes so affectionate though, jumps up to see you when you go up to his cage. They look so cute when they stretch their back legs out or when they just flop on their side and go to sleep... i though he'd died the first time he did that, gave me such a fright! :D

Bunnykins

aw cute bunnies. :) I have 3. A huge dwarf lop (x dog he seems to think) very loving and very VERY naughty in a cheeky knowing way! 2 netherland dwarfs. One seriously hormonal, spent £70 having her spayed and she is even more stroppy now! Money well spent, ha ha!

Not quite sure how to get the pics on here but they are in my album on my profile.

awww they are very cute sleepybear -and you have some other gorgeous pets - i've heard netherland dwarves can be quite stroppy and was also warned against buying a female rabbit! :)

figured pics out

Yes ALL the females I have ever had have been quite standoffish and tempermental even after being speyed on the other hand all the males I have had neutered at 6 months and they have all been without exception fantastic and affectionate pets. My dwarf lop has a huge big buck head with the thickest deepest fur and he loves nothing better than to lay up to you having his face rubbed. If the guineapig (creamy crestie) is getting all the strokes he head buts you till you give in and stroke him instead. They will usually come up side by side and sit to be stroked together...very sweet.

Attachments

• SP_A0576.jpg
    SP_A0576.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 7
  • bugsy.jpg
    bugsy.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
  • poppy.jpg
    poppy.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
  • SP_A0584.jpg
    SP_A0584.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 8
awww they are very cute. Domino loves having his head and cheeks stroked and he also headbutts when he wants something!

Yeah Domino acts like a dog and he follows me around my flat :D he also does massive jumps in the air when he gets excited!!!

Heehee they are all so cute - i do love bunnies!!! :D

Albilusitano - I love that 1st pic and the last!:)

Starrynight - my big bunny does huge jumps turns his back on me and kicks his legs in the air when he knows he is being naughty and defying me! ha ha:D

i have 2 house rabbits, they are my 4th and 5th house bunnies, and i think house bunnies are only true house bunnies if they dont live in cages! mine have the whole run of the house, get in and out through the cat flap, go in the litter tray and sleep on my bed :D:D
id put up pics but id prob break the comp resulting in the house burning down or something. ahem.
oh and when we next decorate we're NOT using wallpaper!!

Wish i could let domino out 24/7 he'd just destroy everything and given that my flat is a bit of a building site it'd also be way too dangerous. :( he gets to jump about on my bed before i go to sleep though :p ...but when i'm earning big bucks and have my mansion i'll have a house bunny wing :p

Wish i could let domino out 24/7 he'd just destroy everything and given that my flat is a bit of a building site it'd also be way too dangerous. :( he gets to jump about on my bed before i go to sleep though :p ...but when i'm earning big bucks and have my mansion i'll have a house bunny wing :p

I'd love bugsy inside he would make a fantastic house rabbit but not allowed! He has the run of the shed though and I have a mesh door so I can open the big door on a morning and let the air and light in through the inner mesh door, if I'm out in the yad though the door is left open and he just hops around loose, nearly locked him in the aviary today with all the guineapigs! He had sneaked in for a nosey whilst I was carring armfulls of hay in! :D

I can leave the shed door wide open all day and the male guineapigs wont come out but the bunnies love to come out. The female guineapigs in the aviary are a different kettle of fish though leave that door open for 2 mins and they are out exploring and wandering into the shed to check out the cute boys, nibbling anything and everything in their path !!!!:)

heres my current fenchie (had quite a few!), lily kong...shes a rather big girl for a female frenchie...(she was about 6 months old in these photos) shes a stroppy thing, spent most of the morning grunting at me today.

Picture121-1.jpg

Picture146-1.jpg

newrider.com