How accurate does my CV need to be?

Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
after 15 years of working 7.30 to 16.30 with an hours commute, and the fact that our mortgage will soon be paid off, I have decided to find a new part time job. But I need to start my cv from scratch, I can remember where I have worked, but no real idea of dates, does it really matter when the last 15 years have been with the same employer?

I don't think it needs to be that accurate, just general dates would surely be acceptable plus if you've been with the same employer anyway then general dates would be more than ok IMO

I am trying to remember where I was working on important dates, i.e. Birthdays, weddings etc and by remembering how many years I worked there.
I have now written down all my jobs but just put the years alongside i.e. 1994 - 1998. If I fill in detail to say what I was doing at these jobs, and why I moved on, is that ok?
It is so long since I needed a CV, I have no idea!
I will 'google' how to write a perfect CV later today, but would appreciate feedback from anyone who interviews as part of their job, so I know how to get my CV noticed.

Years are fine.No potential employer is going to be checking dates! When looking at CVs employers are looking for unexplained gaps in employment, general progression, skills and experience and whether someone has changed jobs lots of times and if so, why.

I would say if it's 15 years ago, the year should be fine? I don't think they could even ask for a reference from that long in the past? So would be just to get a feel for you and what your experience is - surely? I'm no expert though, I've only ever had one job and still there now. Xx

newrider.com