How are criollos broken in?

I can for one you tell you that not all Criollos are sane. We have a beautiful young lad who is excellent to handle and to ride if you can stay on......

He explodes every now and then.. for no apparent reason, we now know he had a previous owner and friend off and put them in hospital.. hubby and i have got off a bit more lightly, i got rodeo'd off once and put my pelvis out, hubby twice and now has knackered shoulder. This horse has been totally rebroken with Monty Roberts old rider and has had all aspects looked at, saddle, dentist, mctimoney chirpractor, Equine Touch, sports massage, Reiki, Radionics, Bowen, Animal Communication .

We cant afford to ride an animal that is so unpredictable. Something obviously triggers these explosions and until we get to the bottom of his problem he will just be in the herd with my others ,not ridden. We feel we owe it to him and love him too much to pass him around, as we couldnt guarantee his future.

He has a lot of muscle damage to his stifle area, this old injury is most probably connected to his problem. We as a family who bought this horse for all to ride would never buy a Criollo again, we have certainly been on a very emotional journey with this horse.

newrider.com