How are everyone's ailments doing in this cod snap

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Prompted from Joosie reply and her ryneaids (SP) I have AS and at work I am excused guard duty over the winter as I am too much pain.

This year however OH brought me a magnetic band. The same make as Chanters and the same strength. With in a day of wearing it I was 80% pain free. I suffer from a sleep disorder as well which was always made worse by the pains in my hips when I tried to sleep the bracelet and the magnetic pad the guy gave me for free (as I have brought two for Chanter from him) is amazing and now I can get my full 4 hours most nights pain free. I have also learnt to take a course of anti inflammatory when I get a flare up instead of just one or two when it is bad that plus actually doing my exercises have meant that this year I have been at my best in years.

I still limp most morning but can walk it off in half an hour or so.

How is everyone else faring up and any hints that have helped you that you can pass on.a:)

By as do you mean ankylosin? Sorry it's probably something obvious!

I am missing my muck boots - replaced them with hunter neoprene boots as they just don't compare in the warmth factor at all (grip much better though!)

Where do you get your magnetic bands from obc - I think I will get madam one but nice to have recommended stuff

Raynaud’s syndrome which Joosie and I have is quite common but can reduce strong people to tears, Basically the blood vessels shut down leading to basic frost bite symptoms with no blood in the fingers or toes. Restoring feeling is painful! I take Ginko Biloba and wear several protective layers which helps.

For some bizarre reason I also only sleep well when warm as joints I lie on hurt at night if chilled so have bought some lovely fleecy PJs ( JRT is great warmer as well!!)

Raynaud’s syndrome which Joosie and I have is quite common but can reduce strong people to tears, Basically the blood vessels shut down leading to basic frost bite symptoms with no blood in the fingers or toes. Restoring feeling is painful! I take Ginko Biloba and wear several protective layers which helps.

For some bizarre reason I also only sleep well when warm as joints I lie on hurt at night if chilled so have bought some lovely fleecy PJs ( JRT is great warmer as well!!)

And an electric blanket eml - I often come in and get in to bed as even though heating is on I can't warm up - electric blanket stops everything hurting its amazing!

i suffer with raynauds too. Makes me feel like i am going to pass out when i have a bad attack as it is so painful - which is not good when your in the middle of sorting a horse out. Touch wood i havent been too bad this year, as i have worked out that as long as i am warm and can keep warm and moving it reduces the attacks.

My Sister has just been diagnosed with Raynauds, often my hands and feet are colder then hers, so maybe I should see my GP for a blood test.

My unexplained wrist problem is playing up. I think I aggravated it earlier last week by spending all day splitting and moving wood for our fires!

My metal wrist is bloody painful and stiff if it gets cold. I just try and keep it covered all the time and if it gets cold immerse it in warm water. Luckily (!) I've got Raynauds as well, and have had it for years, so am well versed and equiped in how to keep extremities warm, so its not been such a steep learning curve.

I have chillblains despite wearing warm socks and not warming my feet in front of the fire straight away (they used to tell you not to do that). I even have them on the tops of my thighs and one year on my bum! They are very very painful at times, but more worrying is that they can turn quite nasty. As a teenager I had to visit the doctor on several occasions and get cream for them and he told me to take great care of them as one of my toes was about to get rather nasty indeed (it got infected when the skin broke and has a scar now). They come about November and leave in March - only thing I have found is to keep my feet warm as much as I can and change my boots regularly. Sitting about in the same pair all day makes things worse, I am guessing the air needs to circulate properly. The ones on my thighs - nowt I can do for those, they are just part and parcel of being out and about in the winter. I always say I'm going to invest in some ski pants, but never get around to it - they are expensive and childs won't fit me around the waist (I looked at some and the length was all wrong so kids would be my only option).
The other thing I suffer with is my dodgy knee - it isn't really seasonal though! It comes and goes and I have to be very careful coming down steep hills or steps - just takes me a bit longer than most people. Funnily enough it doesn't bother me when riding which is good.

Keep an eye on Aldi next year, they sometimes have cheap ski sallopetes or charity shops. If they are chep enough you can try and alter them in length or even have someone do it for you.

Silk long johns though, how luxurious are they?

Keep an eye on Aldi next year, they sometimes have cheap ski sallopetes or charity shops. If they are chep enough you can try and alter them in length or even have someone do it for you.

Yeah, if I don't pay much for some ski pants I won't feel so bad cannibalising them to my specifications!:giggle:

Very! I tried my boss's on once and they were soooo soft and comfy and warm under my jods, lovely! Pure silk ones can be pricey ((here £57 for a pack of 2 - http://www.patra.com/products-Pack-Of-Two-Pure-Silk-Long-Johns_2LLJ.htm)) but if you really suffer with chillblains then they are worth it! Boss reckons they were as good an investment for her as her jacket and boots! You can get half-silk ones for cheaper, like these (55% silk) - http://www.patra.com/products-Womens-Thermal-Long-Johns_LLJC.htm

By as do you mean ankylosin? Sorry it's probably something obvious!

I am missing my muck boots - replaced them with hunter neoprene boots as they just don't compare in the warmth factor at all (grip much better though!)

Where do you get your magnetic bands from obc - I think I will get madam one but nice to have recommended stuff

PFB yes I mine Ankylosing spondylitis it can quite painful in the winter.

I get my magnetic bands from this guy:

http://www.magnetic.uk.com/animal.shtml

They are some of the strongest on the market. At work everyone thinks it is funny when I carry paperclips, staples and some times spoons attached to it.

newrider.com