How common is over invoicing by vets

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Perhaps I'm just having a bad week!

This was my vet bill for having ales boosters, him being sedated and teeth being rasped. Don't remember him having buscopan, isn't that for colic?

IMAG7899_1.jpg

Anyway luckily I did query it, was told the sedative was made from 2 drugs? But then they removed it from the invoice and knocked £30 off the bill.

More common than you would like it to be! I never used to check my bills, you know, they are what they are and knowing the breakdown didn't really help me feel better about it (a perfectly executed classic ostrich maneuver pulled there) ;) but I had 1 or 2 that made me suck my breath when they arrived because they were more than I expected, and when queried they were indeed wrong. So I now check all my bills, of the 8 or so I have had this year, 2 had errors on and were fixed with no quibbles when I pointed it out :)

Reactions: MrA and MrC
Yes, I've been billed twice on one occasion. Lucky OH and I communicate quite well! I paid for something, then we got another bill, which he picked up, (trying to be nice) and only in conversation did we realise it was going to be paid twice. Also once got my friend's bill under my name because we'd had the horses vaccinated on a shared visit.

Reactions: MrA
Not since moving here - mine are very careful - and we pay right away most of the time to avoid getting shocks and mistakes lol
But where we used to live - often things got mixed up and over charged, worst being when we made an insurance claim. That took days of untangling!

I think administration error's can happen in any industry - just give them a call :)

Reactions: Huggy
Not since moving here - mine are very careful - and we pay right away most of the time to avoid getting shocks and mistakes lol
But where we used to live - often things got mixed up and over charged, worst being when we made an insurance claim. That took days of untangling!
My worst was when Bo had to be put down, the vets were insistent they had sent all of the bills to the insurance but were getting pissy with me about not being paid and yet the insurance were telling me they had not had they bill/there was one incorrect, this went on for 18 months and was only finally resolved when I really lost my sh!t and offered to go over there to sit down with their accounts team to go through everything, suddenly they were able to email the invoices to me (something they had sworn up and down they couldn't do) and we were able to get it straightened out.
ETA, I never used that practice again, that was being resolved during the time Jess first went lame and they said they couldn't see her for 10 days, which I am sure was them being purposefully difficult.

My worst was when Bo had to be put down, the vets were insistent they had sent all of the bills to the insurance but were getting pissy with me about not being paid and yet the insurance were telling me they had not had they bill/there was one incorrect, this went on for 18 months and was only finally resolved when I really lost my sh!t and offered to go over there to sit down with their accounts team to go through everything, suddenly they were able to email the invoices to me (something they had sworn up and down they couldn't do) and we were able to get it straightened out.
ETA, I never used that practice again, that was being resolved during the time Jess first went lame and they said they couldn't see her for 10 days, which I am sure was them being purposefully difficult.

How stressful!!!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com