How does electric fence work, the funny explanation

Ok so silly question, I don't actually know the answer. Would a shoe horse get more of a jolt than a barefoot, or would it make no difference.

Ok so silly question, I don't actually know the answer. Would a shoe horse get more of a jolt than a barefoot, or would it make no difference.
It would depend on what the shoe is made of, but in general terms they'll both get a zap. The brainiacs didn't need to be barefooted, as we all know you can get a zap wearing boots :p

So funny, dont how the brainiac canbring himself to touch it after the first shock! Ouchhhh

Another silly question then ... if I were to let the dog (who is very interested in sheep) go up to the fence and get a zap, which would hopefully make him think twice about being interested in sheep, would I get a shock through the lead, which I think is cotton? Not that the opportunity has arisen yet but if it did ....

Cotton lead yes, but if you thread bale string threw the collar instead then no you won't. Bale string insulates. You can sometimes get a shock if the bale string is wet. I often have a bale string in my pocket to place across the fence so I can get over.

Reactions: Bodshi
Cotton would only conduct a very small amount of current, flexi leads with the plastic hander would totally insulate you ;)

My old lab wasn't fussed to chase anything unless it had been shot, but I was astounded at her tolerance for electric fence, at my friends farm she sat in a metal water trough full of water touching their mains fence without so much as a flinch, my Jack Russell touched the same fence just up from her and screamed bloody murder so it was def working, she was just enjoying the water too much to notice it :p

newrider.com