How Much do You Pay for Private Lessons?

YASMiN___X0

Mar 3, 2009
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
I'm looking into having some private lessons to brush up on things! I've never had a private lesson before (always used to be in groups of about 11!) and haven't had an actual riding lesson in a few years, due to having horses on loan.
What do most people pay to have a private lesson on a school horse?

ETA: i can only seem to find half hour/45 min private lessons - are 1 hour private lessons uncommon? :confused:

Last edited:
Im gonna start having lessons and they're £35 for 45 mins but she is an interantionally reained dressage instructor and coach. I dont think many people do 1 hour privates because its such hard work, x

I'd say £20 for 30 mins ish. 45 mins is PLENTY of time for a private lesson, you don't realise how much of a group lesson you spend sat around not doing much, when the instructor's looking only at you you have to work sooo much harder! I am dying after 30 mins (I'm a bit unfit mind :)

I pay $30 (£15). When you first start out at my barn its usualy a half an hour. But I found that as I got more advanced, the time gets increased so I get an hour lesson now.:)

Maybe i should consider a half hour/45 min one.. i remember having a 45 minute "private lesson" from my loan horse's owner a while ago and could hardly walk for the rest of the week.. or even a semi-private? Hmm, i'll have to consider :) thanks for all the response!

newrider.com