How much do you pay

My horse's osteo charges £45 per session. (I pay £20 for mine :p)
The sports massage lady costs £40.
I know some physios who charge up to £90! This to me is not really reasonable...

I wondered this as I was thinking of treating my two (because they are old) I found a physio for about £60 near me could decide between physio or massage

I pay £45 for a rolfing session for my horses. Other local massage therapists are round about that mark in pricing :)

I know some physios who charge up to £90! This to me is not really reasonable...

:eek: Crikey, do they actually get any clients?!

I was guessing about £40-£45 would be fairly standard - stuff like this seems to have been that cost for a good few years now, or certainly the people I've had out have been. But then I'm thinking about the price of fuel going up so much and wondering how long it'll be before people put prices up to cover their costs.

I paid 55 for osteo but that was more than standard as there was mileage on top.

I would happily pay 30 ish for a treatment, and 40 for an initial assesment/treatment. And would expect to mapy mileage for say outside a ten mile radius.

I get Ben done by my Bowen lady for £90 for three sessions over the course of 4-6 weeks. I go for this usually once a year and tends to sort him out, stretch out his muscles and allows him to bend right again ;) :D

Going rate for physio, massage, ET etc is around £30-45 round here.

£90 is rediculous!

My horses osteopath charges £50 and she does people too. My boy has her every year but I think I need a session too but I don't consider my needs as much as his but I should!

I pay £50-£60 for the physio (price depends on travel cost and if she can get the cost shared by people living in a similar area..she's nice like that) She does a excellent job and is very truthful.

I pay £35 for bowen/shiatsu but prefer the physio lady.

£40 . . . but he does a group when he comes to the yard . . . and he is worth every penny. Does William Fox-Pitt's horses.

N

I can add to this i have just paid £80 for someone who offers 7 different treatments from Cranio Sacral, acupressure to sports massage, whatver the horse needs they can treat.
Well worth the money.

Your in Zoe Sherlock's area now (based around Glossop), she's pretty reasonable and practices McTimoney :smile:

http://www.back-into-balance.co.uk/#/prices/4533342065

Brill - its great to have recommendations... that said I think madam would struggle with massage on a rather large scale...

Although Poohsmate visits from time to time, we have had bowen the last three weeks, and whilst she cand hardly tolerate it, the results have genuinley been nothing short of amazing - I went from a pony who couldnt be touched without her recoiling away and shaking in fear of pain - to riding her in two weeks - we had our third treatment today... :D

I pay £60 but this is for 1 hour 30 and includes physio assessment, plus ultra sound and magnetic therapy.

newrider.com