how much does an x-ray cost??

VickyS

Indy monster :)
Mar 25, 2008
County Durham-England
I think Indy may have to end up haveing an x-ray on his leg and was wodering roughly how much it would cost??he's insured but a friend said if it was only 'cheap' i.e a few hundred for whatever needs to be done, not to claim it on the insurance as he's then not covered for that leg anymore??is that the case-i have no idea?!:eek:
vicky
xx

Tbh you might as well get the insurance to pay, as the vet will disclose the medical history if you ever make a claim on that leg later on.

Lucy's Xrays are 350 for a full set.

so if i claimed on the insurance for the leg, does that mean it will go up becuase they know theres a problem with it??sorry if its a stupid Q-ive never insured before..can u tell!?:rolleyes:
thanx

Normally you have to tell your insurance every time the vet comes out for a non routine visit. They make a note of the purpose of the visit and might decide to apply exclusions to future claims. So, if the vet comes out, then you might as put everything on the insurance. Gives the vets more freedom too. If you decide to pay out of pocket and don't tell insurance and your horse later goes lame (again) on that leg - the insurance will ask the vet if there have been previous problems and the vets are obliged to disclose the horse's medical history at that point.

My pony had loads of xrays, they were £110 each, that was for call out and with mobile unit.

newrider.com