How much fun does this look!

BIrish

Nov 13, 2007
McKen Run

As soon as I can lay my hands on a reliable towing car (might not be for a bit as stupid job gone) I'm taking Stanny! Like hunting.. but not. Perfect for a baby!

Anyone done anything similar ? (Obviously not this one as it's in Ireland - unless you are Irish and have done this one!)

Ive done one similar near me alto one of the jumps is on a hill which looks onto the M1 motorway and my horse did not like it that much, i was only 12 at the time so i didnt like it tat much either:rolleyes:

What fun!!! Am jealous....

The only similar thing I've done is beginners mock hunt - nice steady pace with optional friendly jumps (and some bigger ones if feeling brave!)

hahaha! this is my local death run!

all the people on my yard with relatively sane horses do it and have an absolute blast on it! i think theres different groups also depending on your ability but no ex racer with homocidal tendancies class for me :(

hahaha! this is my local death run!

all the people on my yard with relatively sane horses do it and have an absolute blast on it! i think theres different groups also depending on your ability but no ex racer with homocidal tendancies class for me :(

:eek: ... :D

Have you been ? We should go.. I have no idea how Stanny will react..!

We can form an ex-racers with homicidal tendancies group!

well its an hour spin with a box from my yard so lots make the trip

people who have gone have an absolute brilliant time and its very good schooling, ive been too scared to bring Zeus

they SAY they have slow groups but its not what ive actually heard... i would def love to go though in a small group that wanted to do everything very slowly! otherwise i would have a run away racer in a heartbeat, ive seen tonnes of pics. and all the jumps look relatively do-able

Old yard has a cross country course with small, medium and large options and used to run a ride first Sat every month during the summer - 10 miles in total. It was fab. Pony used to be a bit gallopy gallopy for the first mile or so then calmed down....usually!!

it looks fab! *wonders how many jumps there are for bi to fall off over* :D pmsl loves ya!

oh man that does look like fun - I would be so up for doing that! Nuka would be well able for it, its just me that would be a novice!! Sorry for being a bit dim but its in Meath right? That wouldnt be too far for me in Kildare, I dont think!

Also another dim question but how much is it?

oh man that does look like fun - I would be so up for doing that! Nuka would be well able for it, its just me that would be a novice!! Sorry for being a bit dim but its in Meath right? That wouldnt be too far for me in Kildare, I dont think!

Also another dim question but how much is it?

I think it's Meath - not too far at all from Kildare ..

The prices on the website.. .it's €30 for the run, roughly 2.5hrs ride (you need a fit horse) and then tea/coffee biccies! Brilliant!

Greeneyes & KeepTheFaith - perhaps we should just hire the course as a NR day out - then the speed is dictated for us (Greeneyes - you could bring Zeus and not worry then!)

Rips & I would be up for it (when Odie is fit!) .. and I know SueEllen will be keen (when she's back from NZ) .. prob a few others too..

Cherry*Star - you too ?

newrider.com