How much hay should i give my horse???

and in the summer they get 5 bails a day pigs i will say lol and him and his friends get a bucket of grain a day aint no cheap bucket

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek
OMG OMG!!!
you are rich to be spending that much
5 BALES IN THE SUMMER ?!!? OVER HERE THATS
£20 a day :eek:

I feed my Mare AD LIB hay, if she has to be stuck in the stable. But its not only important for health reasons for horses to eat all the time, i.e munching at grass/hay as much as they want. Its also important for them physiologically to be muching, it's what they are ''supposed to do'' so not allowing them this is no good for their health or their mindset.xxx

ATo answer *MT*'s earlier question, an average-sized slice of hay will weigh approx 1kg and take approx. 20 mins to eat, so I very much doubt that it would last your horse 3-4- hours.

x

Its probably also worth remebering that a "bale" isnt a specific amount of hay. A "bale" could be a small bale, a large bale, a huge round bale, a massive oblong bale....even a "section" or flake of hay isnt a specific amount. Ad lib hay is the easiest way to go.

as we have no grass in the paddocks as cuz of mud =[ as they are outside horses they stay in there pen and they walk all over and make it muddy but this year we are making the padocks smaller so we can grow grass

they get 5 like this

hay-bail-square-47bf981628c7d.jpg

or they get 2 of 3 like this

Merlot418.jpg

but there is more then 5 horses in the summer :p we are getting more horses and they all stay outside and with these huge bails they last a while as we get some old horses and horses that are a bit skinny my trainer wants them to eat as much as they want and no they dont eat it all

when they get 5 small bails it last all day and half thougth the nigth

newrider.com