How much hay through the night?

Mine are in for usually around 12 hours. 18.1hh and underweight JR gets half a small bale of hay and 20lb of haylage, 16.3 and at the right weight Dylly gets the other half of the bale of hay and 14lb of haylage.

Can't remember the weight of the half bale of hay, and the weight of the haylage sometimes changes if we have slightly drier stuff. J basically gets a big net absolutely crammed full to bursting, Dyl gets a full net fairly loosely packed.

Mine are usually in from 10 until 5:30.
They both get a couple of slices of hay for the night.
Stormin could eat more (though he's a bit greedy) and Zsaïm doesn't always finish his. They do get ad lib hay in the field though

ETA both are on rubber mats/shavings bed so no bed eating

Silver gets 3 slices of hay per 24hrs... Which is about 12lbs I think.

She is a piglet, and gets very overweight easily in summer - yet she wont actaully eat much more than this in the time frame - she will trapse it through her bed if she has anymore.

See the thing is my pony companion has a weight issue and I'm working really hard at getting it right down - which is working - but worried that there isn't sufficient hay through the night for the digestive process to work efficiently, and for her to stay warm. So what do you reckon she needs on that basis - about 12.2hh, native? She has one small net for through the night and my Spanish boy has one huge jammed net through from 11 till 8. What do you reckon? They're in a barn together at night (with access to the yard if they want it) so I have to be careful about putting too much out for him because she'll scoff it first and we're back to her putting weight on again.

Silver is 12hh, and was v overweight in summer, she is now slimming woohoo!

She has been in mainly (no through choice), but when out she is still rugless as she is half mammoth I'm sure!!! She is in a light mw stable rug indoors though as she cant run about to keep warm and weve beenunder a foot of snow.

I usually give her 1 sluce at about 10/1am (she nibbles at bale while i'm mucking out from 9). She then gets two slices at about 4. This morning she had none left, yesterday morning it was all through her bed - she had 4 slices the day before - felt bad as it was cold!!!

She doesnt have a proper feed, although gets nice bits from time to time - turned her nose up at the raw sprouts though :p She is also out muzzled still s otherwise she will gorge. Shes not been worked for a couple of weeks due to snow, but will hopefuly be back out 2-3times a week as of this week.

At the moment Seamus is in because of the snow and is in heavyweight stable rug. If turned out it depends on the temperature, up to Xmas he was in a medium but in the last week or so it's been below freezing so if turned out he's had a heavyweight on. He's fed twice a day, 1 large scoop Conditioning fibre + speedibeet in each feed. Plus hayledge if in. One haynet at night (16 lbs) in a small holed net.

newrider.com