How much weight could my horse take - advise needed please

Thankyou Kelly :) I tried to tell him that my horse dosent struggle, he said ' but what are the long term implications ' of which my answer was none, he is fit and healthy and continues to get on his high horse with me on his back, strides out well, ears forward and is sharp and off the leg, a horse that struggles dosent do that.

He just looked blank and repeated the word 'ideally' over and over.

So he dident re flock my saddle and my usual fitter is out this Sun to do it:D

They may be fun, but they are nippy and fast, more chance of falling off!lol

Get it video'd and if you do you could send it to 'You've been framed' and get £250 :D :eek: :D :eek: :D ;)

'Ideally', pah, everyone is an expert!

Zak thoroughly enjoys himself, that you can tell, although I think he would like you to leave the steering to him, I get the impression he knows the dressage tests better than you!

I have a 15.2hh TB, who is fairly fine and often described as "deer-like" :rolleyes: . I am not a thin person by any stretch of the imagination, but I've never been told that I'm too large for him, nor that I am endangering his health in a "long term" way. However, I'm a short person and from the below picture look like I've a huge body and bum and teeny stick-thin lower legs and feet! Admittedly, I am sitting too far back in an atrocious position and wearing an enormous fleecy & three pairs of trousers (it was very cold :p ). TBH, unless your horse is showing some signs of discomfort in the back/saddle region (I've been told that drastically different weights in the saddle can alter how it fits), or is noticeably breathless and uncomfortable in himself, then you're probably okay. If you're concerned, have a word with an experienced RI, vet or equine physio.

DSCF0113.jpg

Sez - that can't all be you - how many layers are you wearing!

I think the thing is that there is an neon sign that lights up above your head at somewhere around 12 stone and suddenly people worry about ALL horses you are put on :) Unless it is a 17hh+ draft of some kind which for some reason can carry any weight, even if the 16.3 t'bred in the stall next door is only for 'lightweight adults'

I've given up worrying about it in the end, I'd drive myself nuts!

aj xx

newrider.com