xRobyn

& phil :)
Mar 20, 2009
Essex
someone to do the following:

1. 30 Min dog walk (One dog)
2. 45 Min dog walk (One dog)
3. Doggy day care + 2 walks
4. Small Animal Boarding (You have to bring your own feed) per day (rabbit etc)

Once I have a few replies I will say a bit more :cool:

A friend has set up her own business and I thought her prices were quite expensive so was just interested in what others might charge/expect to pay for the above services :)

Its a minefield.
I only do 1hr walks and I charge £8, the cheapest by far as most are £10-£14per hr, but I do not think people who be robbed for exercising their dog.
I am one of the few that exercise the dogs off lead round here.

Daycare £15 that includes ALL walks.

Dont do animal boarding, I have dogs of my own and felt its not fair on clients small pets.

Its NOT an easy job anymore, too many dog haters, too many untrained/uncontrolable dogs being allowed nto roam, plus the biggest bproblem by far is the huge amount of unsocilaised dogs that have been treated like human babbies and have no idea they are a dog.
Hope that helps.

I have a found a huge surge in people that used to use the expensive pet care companies and then due to the recession have shopped around to find a better deal, and now use my company-only downside is I am so busy, I dont have much time for my horses:eek:

Thank you for the info Noodle.

1962mclean, is that for all 7 pets, or individually?

Said person is charging the following:

1. One dog - £8 for 30 mins. £10 for 45mind
2. Doggie day care - £20+ inc 2 walks
3. Dog Boarding - £15 per day
4. 1 Rabbit/guinea pig per day - £4
5. 1 Rabbit/guinea pig 1 week - £28
6. 1 Rabbit/guinea pig 2 weeks - £56

Personally i wouldn't dare pay £8 for someone to walk my dog lol and if my rabbit (for example) was staying for a week I would expect some kind of discount (It, instead of £28 it would be £25 and instead of £56 it would be £50) or something like that?

Or am I being a bit silly? I would have thought she would drop the price for multiple days staying though.

Thats the going rate for dog walking, but she will need a liscence to board dogs now, the same as a boarding kennel.
I give a discount for dogs owned by the same household, but not for people who have 5 walks a week.
Its not an easy job, I can tell you, it can take me 15mins to get to an owners house, then 1 hr walk then 15mins home all for £8, thats less than the minimum wage, ontop of that I have fuel, insurance, poobags, all these things soon add up.
I walk my dogs in small groups, that is why I keep my prices low, dogs are pack animals and need to interact with others, I am a dog behaviourist so I am able and capable to do this, thats the nicest part of my job,turning 'problem' dogs around, most of the time all they need is to learn how to be a dog again and have a good run around with others.:)
I cannot walk the streets with someones dog on its own, they are taken to countryparks , woodland, or beaches to have the walk that I would give my own dogs.

I would tell her to be careful with small animal boarding allongside having strange dogs in the house, with all the good will in the world accidents happen and some dogs can open doors, windows, infact do anything to kill a nice fluffy bunny

was for all 7 but they were all being kept together in an stable and I was to provide food , bedding and wee plastic igloo things for piggies to hide in

I guess I didn't really think about everything, just seemed a bit steep to start off with. She has a huge field right behind her house and doesn't drive so i presume she wouldn't be walking any further than around our 'island' (Takes about and hour to walk from one end to the other lol). Nevermind, thank you all for the info :)

I pay £12 for day care and £15 for day care plus boarding at night. doesnt include walks but to be honest they dont need it, they run about withall the other dogs all day long.

dunno about the walking, never used it

newrider.com