How NOT to jump a course *video*

Keket

Jan 26, 2004
Coquette and I went to a show on Sunday. And the little brat proceeded to buck every single time I asked her to canter. Naturally, we placed last in every single class. :lol:

However, we did compete in pony x-rails and while it wasn't pretty, it was our first course ever (really, the most we've done at home is two jumps due to lack of poles) and we did complete it in the end! I was very pleased with my naughty pone. So, without further ado...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMYSg2SJhSM

Aww well at least you gave it a go!

Well done for getting her over that fence, some good riding there :)

Thanks! :p After missing the fourth fence, I looked at the judge who just said, "Keep going!" It was just a schooling show, luckily. RI gave me a big hug after I got off for getting through it. :)

honestly it wasnt that bad. you guys look great together, you have a nice leg. she is very cute and a good mover. the only problem was the stop at that white x. but you can see the secnd attempt how wiggly you came in. you need to form a funnel with your leg and hands to aim her straight. she kept ducking right, so you need to be attentive and feel when she is drifting right and correct it by holding her in the center. when you got her fairly straight she jumped it fine. but dont beat yourself up, you guys really do look really good together.

honestly it wasnt that bad. you guys look great together, you have a nice leg. she is very cute and a good mover. the only problem was the stop at that white x. but you can see the secnd attempt how wiggly you came in. you need to form a funnel with your leg and hands to aim her straight. she kept ducking right, so you need to be attentive and feel when she is drifting right and correct it by holding her in the center. when you got her fairly straight she jumped it fine. but dont beat yourself up, you guys really do look really good together.

Oh yeah, certainly not beating myself up about it! I'm having quite a laugh at it, actually. :p Like I said, schooling show, first ever full course. I was right jittery too, so I wasn't in my super micro-managing mode. Next time will be better! ;)

next time ask your mum to follow you around a bit more, then she will be like a pro,

good on you for keeping at it it can be rather disheartening when they refuse

you go girl, you both look fab and was a good learning curve for you both.... so now you know that madam needs a little bit more of a straight line to the fence and you'll be well away Id say that was a very productive round well done xxx

newrider.com