How often is a bargain actually a bargain?

ladywiththebaby

Mar 6, 2007
Cambridge
I have seen a lovely horse advertised. It says his price has been slashed from £4300 to £1650 as owner can't take him back and he is now priced to sell. When I asked for the details of the horse, the dealer sent me 'his descirption from when he was advertised in the summer'. Surely there must be something wrong with him if he's still not sold since then??

I personally think there is something wrong with every horse, non of them are perfect, but someones awful horse that they can't get on with, is someone else's dream horse, if you get me,lol.

If may be that this horse just hasn't found the person who thinks his little quirks don't matter.

if its a dealer i wouldnt touch it.

but it does happen my mare was advertised for a fewk more than i paid... but then i knew she had issues.

seems a big big slash in price.
My girl was up for sale a couple of months ago, lots of calls due to the low price and only 2 geniune viewings dropped the price by a couple of hundread, time of year credit crunch and all that!!! Now shes on loan if id dropped her price any lower, id be giving her away. Will try to re sell in the spring as she is worth what i was asking and more!!!

Could it be they cannot afford to keep the horse. Advertising can cost a fortune then theres the upkeep. Times are hard for some. Its certainly worth a look, they could see you as a genuine buyer who would make a lovely owner.:)

Just read the dealer bit mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

This is what it says about him:

"14’2 Piebald Gelding

Middleweight Irish Cob

8 years old

Price: £4350.00 Reduced to £1650.00

He has a temperament that lends itself to absolutely anyone being able to handle him.He is totally secure in himself. He is always happy to see you and never shows any temperament changes. He is solid and reliable. There are no naughty moments with Flint.

He is fantastic in traffic. He doesn’t spook at anything out hacking and will happily go up to a plastic bag and have a look at what’s inside!

He is active in all his paces. He will take you out for a hack being very balanced in all his paces. He is supple and versatile and I think that he would work well in a school environment.

He is easy to catch, good to shoe and enjoys attention. He's genuine and safe and will offer many years of fun."

She also said he was reduced due to horses just not selling at the moment?

He sounds nice, maybe if they are willing to let him on a full trial and have him vetted? They are right about horses being hard to sell at the moment though so maybe they just need the money.

newrider.com