how to know if saddle fits properly(wintec)

Bluefilly

Jun 1, 2008
Adelaide,Australia
i just bought a wintec 500 ap and it rises at the front more than my last gp,
is it supposed to be flat or a gap there?
it has the adjustable gullet and has a blue in at the moment,any pictures of anyone with a wintec gp to see how it goes?

i had a nightmare with my witnec 500- had the saddle fitter out 3 times as i wasnt happy with the fit and he adjusted the gullet thingy for me- now have 4 of the metal brace things- green, red, white and black and none of them fit right. i would get a saddle fitter out who may be able to flock it to fit your horse. i've got a new saddle fitter coming next week to see what he thinks of it but i'm close to ditching it!! ;)

i'm guessing since OP is in austrailia a fitter might not be readily availible? some pictures of the saddle on the horse would help :) if it's sitting up at the front it may be too narrow but would really need to see it to make a firm judgement

i have a wintec, have you got the easy measure thingy? if not type it into ebay... but the lowest part of the saddle should be the centre, if you have cair system saddlers can add pads in above the cair panels in various places, if not wintec do purpose made pads to go between saddle and numnah, they are really good moulding foam and simply called front / back raisers, preferably used if you are trying to build muscle so you dont have to keep changing the gullet :)

I wouldn't attempt to try and fit it your self, i'd try and get a master saddler to come out and fit it for you, Its only around 30 pounds for a check, and if I were you and rather pay that than ruin my horse's back with an ill fitting saddle:)

newrider.com