How was your weekend?

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
It wasn't a bad day weather wise yesterday but I didn't have time to ride. Today was rainy and cold and I went hunting st Chatsworth House. Stunning location and had a fab day. I got soaked and both me and Raf got completely mud splattered. Here I am pretending to be lady of the manor and very cross that a paparazzi hiding in the bushes has managed to get a shot.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1488747151616.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488747151616.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 20

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
Crap. The dog's been chucking up since Saturday morning, Saturday evening I had a seizure and knocked myself out on the gas heater, the boiler's packed in again and the tumble dryer set itself on fire. Great in a house that has no central heating so no other way of drying kids' school uniforms when it's too wet to hang clothes out to dry.

Oh well. Things are bound to get better this week, right?

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
I am on a new site, 25 miles of country lanes away, normally takes me 40 minutes, yesterday however I'm about 10 miles into the journey and there's a diversion set up, so followed it for miles and miles until eventually saw a sign saying 'diversion ends' Great! I'm in the middle of god knows where and have no idea where or how to get to where I need to be, ended up driving for about an hour and a half and covering 47 miles up hill and down dale, even went over Cannock chase at one point, very pretty but not when Im lost! I was a little late for work and properly fuming, if the council are putting in diversions surely they can't assume that everyone knows where they are.

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Oh no @chev, good luck vibes coming your way!

I had a good weekend even though I didn't get to do much with my ponies, I went to a foot care/trimming training day on Saturday which was really good (I brought away notes I'm happy to share if anyone's interested?) then yesterday the rain was on and off torrential but I did manage to get my chores done mostly in the dry and then the instructor from the class came out to assess Jess' feet for me :)

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
Were you out with the Four Shire @Bodshi? They are a lovely friendly pack unfortunately too far for me now we've moved :(

Was meant to be going to a clinic on Sunday loaded up and set off as even though the weather was awful we were meant to be in the indoor school. Got a call from the instructor shortly after we'd set off saying the weather was awful pretty much snowing and the venue had booked out the indoor to someone else so outdoor only so she said it was up to use whether to come or not. As we hadn't got far we decided to turn back, riding in the freezing cold when it's sleeting isn't a lot fun and the horse wouldn't of jumped well. So ponies and me had a duvet day instead!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
It wasn't a bad day weather wise yesterday but I didn't have time to ride. Today was rainy and cold and I went hunting st Chatsworth House. Stunning location and had a fab day. I got soaked and both me and Raf got completely mud splattered. Here I am pretending to be lady of the manor and very cross that a paparazzi hiding in the bushes has managed to get a shot.

Check you out!!! What a super pic!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I am on a new site, 25 miles of country lanes away, normally takes me 40 minutes, yesterday however I'm about 10 miles into the journey and there's a diversion set up, so followed it for miles and miles until eventually saw a sign saying 'diversion ends' Great! I'm in the middle of god knows where and have no idea where or how to get to where I need to be, ended up driving for about an hour and a half and covering 47 miles up hill and down dale, even went over Cannock chase at one point, very pretty but not when Im lost! I was a little late for work and properly fuming, if the council are putting in diversions surely they can't assume that everyone knows where they are.

That sounded awful, I hate it when stuff like that happens. Last time it happened to me I actually cried:(I was so worried about finding my way!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Crap. The dog's been chucking up since Saturday morning, Saturday evening I had a seizure and knocked myself out on the gas heater, the boiler's packed in again and the tumble dryer set itself on fire. Great in a house that has no central heating so no other way of drying kids' school uniforms when it's too wet to hang clothes out to dry.

Oh bummer. Sending you my strongest improvement / things getting better vibes.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I had a good 'un overall. Had a good time tweaking stuff in the byre and doing a bit of pottering about with stuff on the yard. Did some ebay shopping and just generally enjoyed being here - had a nice natter to my neighbour and ate myself silly on OH's cooking! Fell into bed at just after ten last night fully stuffed with spiced moroccan mince and cold Fosters. Bliss.

Reactions: Jessey

Ale

Feb 8, 2012

I hope they do for you soon, sending you all my best vibes.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I had a good 'un overall. Had a good time tweaking stuff in the byre and doing a bit of pottering about with stuff on the yard. Did some ebay shopping and just generally enjoyed being here - had a nice natter to my neighbour and ate myself silly on OH's cooking! Fell into bed at just after ten last night fully stuffed with spiced moroccan mince and cold Fosters. Bliss.

This sounds like total heaven! What a life :D

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Were you out with the Four Shire @Bodshi? They are a lovely friendly pack unfortunately too far for me now we've moved :(

Was meant to be going to a clinic on Sunday loaded up and set off as even though the weather was awful we were meant to be in the indoor school. Got a call from the instructor shortly after we'd set off saying the weather was awful pretty much snowing and the venue had booked out the indoor to someone else so outdoor only so she said it was up to use whether to come or not. As we hadn't got far we decided to turn back, riding in the freezing cold when it's sleeting isn't a lot fun and the horse wouldn't of jumped well. So ponies and me had a duvet day instead!

Yes it was the Four Shires - it's a bit of a travel for me but like you say, they're all so lovely and friendly and the country is amazing too, I prefer them to our more local packs. I'd love to live in that neck of the woods.

Sorry about your clinic, that's very disappointing :(

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Oh no @chev, good luck vibes coming your way!

I had a good weekend even though I didn't get to do much with my ponies, I went to a foot care/trimming training day on Saturday which was really good (I brought away notes I'm happy to share if anyone's interested?) then yesterday the rain was on and off torrential but I did manage to get my chores done mostly in the dry and then the instructor from the class came out to assess Jess' feet for me :)

Yes please to the trimming notes - I think I'd find them very interesting. Roll on the good weather, it must be coming soon ...

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire

This sounds awful, I'd email and complain. Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I was following my sat nav to Derbyshire and it took me through Sheffield. There was a marathon on in Sheffield and the centre was completely shut to traffic. There were loads of diversion signs up but they just diverted you away from the centre, not with any particular end point in mind it seemed. Of course my sat nav kept trying to take me back through Sheffield and I had no clue how to get round it to where I wanted to go. If I hadn't had a friend with me I think I would have cried!

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Check you out!!! What a super pic!
Haha it's a random snapshot in time where I was actually sitting up and Raf is bowing his head like a posh horse. Most of the pics are more like this (me and Raf on the left photobombing ...)

Attachments

• 20170306_133148.jpg
    20170306_133148.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Kite_Rider

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Haha it's a random snapshot in time where I was actually sitting up and Raf is bowing his head like a posh horse. Most of the pics are more like this (me and Raf on the left photobombing ...)

Love it! You look like you are having such a good time! It looked like a great ride - always sounds good, wish I was brave enough!

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Me to @Jessey in regards to the notes.

How was my weekend?... well Saturday I was chilling spent some time with sox who as always made me worried sick!! Saturday night I went to a friends birthday bash which was a really good night. Sunday more chilling and worrying about my mad tb! Erm... that was it I think.

Reactions: Trewsers