HRH Jess, just a few piccies

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Well OH was at the yard while I was riding for once, so I got him to snap some piccies for me. These were monday night under flood lights so appologies for the odd colours :D and please ignoor my terrible attire, forgot my riding boots and stuff and just had to fish round in the car and use what was there :eek:
DSC01312_edited-1.jpg

DSC01314_edited_edTMP.jpg

Last edited:
Oh fogot to add, this was our first attempt in a bosal too, she has been ridden in a rope halter and side pull before, but the bosal has a slightly different action :)

Lovely, and LOVE the headset - not sure if that's new with the Bosal or not, she looks FABULOUS. A mecate for christams then I take it ;)

(when you ride western you never apoligize for the attire.. you look absolutly RIGHT to me..)

Agreed with Shadowlark, she looks very happy in the bosal. :)

I'm so jealous, as that's exactly the kind of headset we're trying to achieve with Coquette and Topaz right now! :D

Such a pretty girl... QH?

Shes rising 4 part bred (QH X Paint/Tb), but basically QH - she certainly looks full QH :D She is over bending a little there, she was a little confused when I asked for a turn :p she does catch on quickly though :D

I've had the bosal for years, just never got round to getting a mecate, sailing rope is cheap and readily available :D

shes nice and orange aswell
She is a bright chestnut, but the orangey flood lights don't help :eek: When I went horse shopping I decided I wanted a mare, and the only mare I ever got along with was chestnut, so we got another one :D

I am very proud of how she is coming on, I hope to show her in the spring :D

my that bridle is BOOTIFUL. I wanted one like that, My first opinion was appendix QH, I was Prettyyy close :) Nice to see some people who ride western, when I joined NR I thought it was all english riders ( It almost is ;) )

edit.. now that I think about it.. I can kind of see paint in her because she looks like the paint mare that was down the road from us. solid paint :p

I am very lucky, a friend of mine enjoys doing a bit of leather work, he made that bridle for me, it is great, because we positioned the throat latch lower and made it to fit snugly as we kept finding on the bosal the cheek would slip forwards very close to the eye. Its also tooled all over :D

She is a big girl, just a slightly finer jaw than your average QH :D

The bosal (the acctual bit that goes round the nose) should be smooth braided leather or rawhide, the mecate (reins and lead) if you get a proper horse hair one are very prickly until they have been used alot :D

newrider.com