I am a very happy girl today! *Pics* :D

Well, rode him again today and he was fab! :D
You would never think he'd been off work. Bearing in mind he's (in my RI's words) "sharp as a knife" and slightly mad quite a bit of the time, he was absolutely fantastic! Wind was so strong today, everything was rustling etc. I thought about not riding as I thought he'd go mad. He was absolutely fantastic! So quiet and easy! :D He hasn't been in the arena (apart from 15 mins yesterday) for about 2 months. Today he offered me a lovely outline as soon as we got in there and was so soft and relaxed.
We did much the same as yesterday, just a little bit of trot and mainly lots of walk and stretching and stuff to loosen him up!

He was totally sound again so that was great! PLastic shoes are being out on on Tuesday and he can have the day off tomorrow as I've got me last exams and so won't be up until the aternoon, and his shoes I thought were a little bit clanky for my liking so I don't want to risk him.

So yeah, he was excellent and fingers crossed it carries on! I am so pleased with him though! He's put a massive smile on my face! :D

just a though
you know when you were bringing him back into work before you were hacking wern't you?
could the concussion from the concrete/tarmac be casuing him to go lame again?
just a thought :)

glad he was sound today!

x

Yeah, it could well have been that. I wondered that the other day. It's weird cos my vet suggested that I hacked rather than went in the arena as he thought that straight lines and stuff would be better and obviously hackig is more relaxed, but I have wondered if that didn't help really. Althought it was odd as he went lame after a day in the school and then a day off last time. :confused:

Really strange. Think we'll just have to give it time to see what happens. He walks quite a way down the road every day anyway to get to his field so unfortunately I can't avoid it entirely. But I think we'll stick to the school and te walker for a while and then hack and see how it goes. :)

really pleased to here that Skippy is sound again :)

It must be the weekend for it as Lacey decided to come sound today (walk and trot, on lunge and on hard surface in-hand):) she'd been fairly lame for 8 weeks!

let's hope luck has changed for both of us!

Thanks guys! :D I am thrilled and hopefully it will continue! :D Can't wait for the farrier to come so he gets his new shoes! Hopefully they'll really help him!

laceyfreckle-will keep my fingers crossed for Lacey! Hopefully they'll both be okay now! :D

newrider.com