I am slightly injured

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay this is probably too much info.... but today I went out on site with OH and waited for him in the truck as we needed to pick up some things shopping wise afterwards. We went for a Maccy D's on the way home and everything was fine. BUT, I had caffiene and needed the loo (quickly) but we had left town and there was nowhere to stop. So, we headed home pronto with me groaning and holding my stomach (I have a sort of IBS that coffee can upset) and basically it turned into the journey from hell. Got stuck behind a camper van doing 5mph then got stuck behind a little old man. Finally got to farm and sheep swarming in middle of lane. Got through them and get within 1 minute of our house only to find a huge BUILDERS MERCHANT WAGON dropping off bricks for neighbour. Jeez I could not believe it!!! But now I know why I married my OH - he was MAGNIFICENT! Move over James Bond - pah! You think you've seen stunt driving well let me tell you this was fabulous!!! He shifted into special gear mojo (truck has 2 boxes) and drove up the fell side slightly and straight back down the otherside in one clean move. Neighbours face was a picture and the horses were spellbound lol! They whitnessed a red truck flying down the hill but Storm quickly regained composure and carried on eating! Hahaha. Now then - almost within reach of the loo - one last hitch.
Pegged it through the back yard and outhouse but along the way must have got leaves and mud stuck on my boots. Ran upstairs and skidded then landed full length on wooden floor!! Ouch. My head bashed the floor and I now have a pattern of bruises down my side. But at least I found the loo...... Sorry for all the gory details but I don't half feel sorry for myself! My legs sore and foot side bruised also. Oh dear. That will teach me to drink strong coffee when I know I shouldn't!!! Any spare healing vibes would be welcome...

Healing vibes on their way.

I do feel sorry for you, I suffer from IBS an I know that when you gotta go, you gotta go...so you have my sympathy.

But it has made me laugh! :bounce:

Ouch! Lots of arnica for you! I always find falling over much more painful now than when I was a child!
I'm the same with coffee, makes me late for work sometimes but can't help having it in a morning!

Ouch! Lots of arnica for you! I always find falling over much more painful now than when I was a child!
I'm the same with coffee, makes me late for work sometimes but can't help having it in a morning!

Yes thanks I will put arnica on after my bath - bloomin useful stuff!

Poor you Trews! I'm lactose intolerant & have had a few close shaves when I've eaten something with hidden dairy in so can totally sympathise with you. Hopefully wallowing in a nice warm bath then slathering on the arnica will work wonders for your aches & pains!

Oh dear poor Trewsers and gallant Mr. Trewsers! That little tale had me in stitches, sorry to laugh it must have been truly awful at the time!:poop:(sorry couldn't resist that smilie:giggle:)

I know - it does sound funny looking back, specially the unlucky part about tripping up in the bedroom at the last post..........blimey!! I was so proud of Mr T though, didn't know he could drive like that, nice to know he can though in times of "emergency"lol

Thats like the Dr Pepper adverts ' whats the worst that could happen' !!

Hope you made it ok in the end !!! I dont suffer from IBS.. but no the feeling if you gotta go.. youve gotta go !

Ahh you poor thing.. I feel your pain... I went ass over you know what recently outside on the moss on the drive.. so slippery.. really went down with a thud and grazed my elbows and knees.

On the funny side.. if you were me you probably would have wet yourself as you slipped over.. I think I would have done with a full bladder and weak undercarriage :reface:

newrider.com