I am so angry

Waikato Valuta

Aug 8, 2002
Australia
www.dreamwriters.org
There was a horse that moved to my yard to be fattened up. I was apaled at this horses condition. It was so skinny!!! It was a literal case of a bag of bones. Only someone who has seen horses this skinny could understand. If you look at any normal horse there are alot of places you dont think would ever just disapear is the horse got skinny but this horse *sigh*.

The owner bread the horse and it was 30yo. This was horribal neglect on her part since the horse was kept in a field right next to her house. The RSPCA could not do anything because the horse was considered to be well cared for because it was at my bard and was being feed. It also had realy bad rain scald on it's back, rump and neck. Its lower legs were just a big open wond because of mud fever. The lady refused to treat the horse so me and some friends from the barn started getting it out and cleaning it's legs.

After 3weeks she came and said that she was going to put him down. This totaly shocked me. The horse should have been either looked after properly or put down long ago.But now that it was at this new barn it was getting better (it had even tryed to trot). She siad she wanted to put it down because it was not inproving. This was totaly not true.

Why do people do this. 3horses have been put down this year that I realy cared for and all could have been prevented. has anyone else had experience with started or neglected horses. Maybe you could tell us a good story about all this.

My horse was bought skin and bone. I never saw a horse so thin. Fortunately he has a good bone structure, or else he would be in worst condition.
His owner apparently didn't have enough money to feed him properly, but I honestly don't think that was the case. He was just left to rot tethered to an empty manger, on a concrete floor, no bedding, no water. Why, I don't really know, but I suspect that it was a way to make him more cooperative and submissive.
In less than 4 months he has put on 100kg, so the vet says, and still has a little bit to go.

newrider.com