I cannot believe what I did today..

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I was just finishing up a 45 minute schooling session when one of the other liveries pulled up and leapt out her car exclaiming 'what are you doing??!'

I'd forgotten to put my hat on.

Felt sick to my stomach, I've never got off quicker. I had absolutely no idea I wasn't wearing it, silly me I'd put it out the way to keep my shares hair out of it and somehow managed to get on without it and not even realise.

Highly doubt I'll ever forget it again given I still feel shakey now thinking about it.

I did that a couple of years ago, it was the summer time and I had rode in the field , it wasn't until I got off and went to take my hat off that I realised I had no hat to take off:eek: If i had have realised while riding I would have been like you and jumped off straight away :)

Reactions: MrA
I sometimes forget if I am wearing a wooly hat in winter - it feels like I'm wearing one. Hats were less common where I grew up so I am not conditioned to wear one automaticslly. I have to remember. Glad you are ok. Xx

Yep I started off down the lane one day. Only about 2 minutes and realised. Jumped straight off and walked back to get it.

oh i cant immagie riding without one plus my ridng school wouldn;t let me get on a horse without it :p

I've nearly done that a few times, but someone has noticed before I got on.

I've got on a few times before someone says "um....forgotten something, Jane?"

I did yesterday too, got on ready to go for a hack and my friend said ‘ Erm aren’t you forgetting something’ I think we all do it at some point, don’t stress.

Hahahaa not me! Lol my hat is firmly plonked on my noddle whenever there is a ride due. Me ocd?! Nah! Mr T on the other hand once hopped on J without one until I pointed it out.

We are an honest bunch :D

You've all made me feel so much better! I rode yesterday too, had my hat on from the moment I got to the yard, just in case :p

I was sat my share with 4 other riders ready to go on a hack. When one of the girls was like haven't you forgot something lauren? Me? erm no.
A few seconds later ' Lauren!! Your hat!!'

'Oh yes'

I did that- put hat on. Hearing aid battery went. Took off hat, changed hearing aid battery, went and got on. Walked 2 metres before a nearby instructor said “hat!” and I bailed off sharpish, ran and got hat and got back on. Never done it since.

newrider.com