I. Can't. Believe. It.

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Two days it has taken.

He has been purely comical so far (Littles that is...)

I had a phone call at work today at 1200, with one of the ladies I look after needing to be in the hospital for a scan at 130... to say Littles had escaped :eek:

Bearing in mind its a 40min drive to field each way - I hooned down the motorway :eek: to find field owner trying to tempt him with carrots (in field next door, but not got secure fencing round it, can access road from there) and a hole in the brick wall and a 5ft solid wood post removed from the ground :eek: - of all the places he "could" trash to escape, I did not expect it to be a brick wall.....

IT HAS BEGUN ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01032010312.jpg

Glad he was ok, little toe rag:)

Must have got fed up with madams company so thought he would check out pastures new.
Shetlands are so cute aren't they.:rolleyes::D

I'm afraid to say it, but it's what littlies (Shetlands) are known for.... yep... escape artists! My old yard wouldn't let anything smaller than 11hh on his yard, for that reason:rolleyes:
Perhaps you should rename him Houdini;)

Glad he's ok x

Its made funnier by the fact that Winston next door is 16-16'2 ish, could easily jump the wall and hasnt....hence I thought it would be no problem for littlie!!!!!!!!!!

But no... instead he takes down the wall to his level and climbed over :rolleyes:

Shetlands are known for climbing up dry stone walls, the only solution is cement, and lots of it. :D When the shetland mine shares with escapes, luckily mine has always stayed put. Shetties have no concience. Mine of course is sooooo well behaved.:rolleyes:

He had the rugs/grooming kit/buckets/haynets everywhere today :rolleyes:

I have fixed fencing/wall and put leccy tape across that edge so hopefully will hold up lol

sorry but that had me laughing out loud! Sh*tlands are awesomely cool though....you know that no matter what he does, you will end up laughing about it

hahaha sounds like somthing sweep would do:rolleyes:
sweep likes escaping but the last time she did she was tied up in the stable with the door open, i was stood between her and the door and she started walking forward but i thought she was just having a little shuffle but no she continued walking out the stable with me on the end of the rope. she was half way up the field before i could stop her.:rolleyes:
i brought her back and tied her up.5 mins later she done it agen!!!:mad::mad:

I HATE TO SAY

I TOLD YOU SO :p in your 'arrival' thread, which I have bumped, lol, although I thought he would be out of the leccy fencing, lol.
However I did think that wall was low and how well behaved the beastie in the next field was, he looks like he could step over it, hah.

'THE DEVILS SPAWN' = SHETLANDS;):p

Last edited:
I figured out what the white stuff was he had on his nose yesterday, and white stuff he had smeared everywhere - its chalk powder of madams from his box raid yesterday lol. I couldnt figure where there was white paint for him to get covered in!!!!!!!

He's been quiet today, although they are much better friends - they spent the night in the shelter together last night. Oh an he watched me poo pick the shelter, I sat down on my step in there, he walked in, turned around and pooed on my foot - Silver has clearly trained him in the "Wait til shes collected it all and moved it away...then poop!"

dont say i didnt tell you . youd have fun with rascal . he got me with the back of my coat and nearly pulled me over his little stable door . hes a law onto himself . doesnt his name say it all . one thing there will never be a dull moment in your field

Hehe, hes a superstar. Theyve settled a lot now and compliment each other his trusting and curious nature is making silver braver, while shes showing him the ropes and becoming protective of him :) we had a picnic today, he stole oh's mum's orange juice lol. And shredded the bag that had the food in! Hes got a mega crush on oh, wont leave him alone :D although keeps trying to bite his crotch, i was doubled up laughing!

newrider.com