I did dressage today.....

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I am so exhausted. Am still getting over being ill, so a full on day of dressage really took it out of me.

It was so much fun. I had an absolutely excellent day. Came 10th out of 20 in my first class, and that is a fantastic result for us. The warm up arena was full of what looked to me to be professional riders and the standard was very high. For Ben and I to beat half of them is just amazing!

Too tired to write anymore, but just wanted to share.

I have pictures on my camera but cannot move my legs to go and get the camera from the kitchen!

It was just so good! I am over the moon that I have come this far and worked through my issues with nerves that I could work my horse in a busy warm up arena and ignore some very bad behaviour from other horses.

I am so pleased that despite Ben feeling very very tense in the actual test (as there was so much to look at), all he did was raise his head and didn't spook or anything.

I am also pleased that I managed to drive my lorry for 20 miles each way with no problems.

I met lots of lovely people and the show was very well run. I am exhausted but feel fantastic at the same time.

Fab, what an achievement for you both!!! I'm getting that "post-show glow" I used to get after taking Rubic out just from reading your thread :biggrin: Well done (although I hope to see the photos soon:wink:)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I have such a buzz about me. I feel so incredibly lucky that I have a horse who suits me 100% and that I have my own lorry to get out and about. We are never going to be contenders in dressage. Neither or us are that serious about it and I wouldn't swap my safe, bombproof horse for anything. I was so proud of him today and when I think of those of you who cannot ride at the moment (esp. Rubic), I almost feel overcome with emotion as I realise how lucky I am.

I used to watch people doing shows and feel green with envy that I couldn't do it. Now I can and it is even better than I imagined. I just hope that I am lucky enough for it to continue.

Brilliant result, well done. Best of all, and most importantly it sounds like you enjoyed yourself !

Many congratulations MP. Sounds like a fantastic day and well deserved after all the work you do with Ben. Can't wait to see pics!

newrider.com