I did it and survived to share the show report ;-)

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
11953213_940289099374359_1459007677694060805_n.jpg Kincardine Melody and me are back from todays show.... we got 4th inhand M & M in huge class.... she loved it in the ring bless her strutting her stuff... Riding across that busy car park towards the indoor school with all those real riders was the hardest ride I have ever done ( i did actually swear a few times :( ) I wanted to get off so many times but they wouldnt let me they both walked either side of me from the box to the indoor school... I have never been so scared in my life lol Then we did my first ridden class for 'first year partnership class'... I rode in the ring on Melody and saw all the people watching it was an indoor school and I was so nervous.... The little riders on there ponies were fabulous riders.. so sweet. I think I was the oldest in the class ...... when i had to meet the judge and do my ridden show she asked me how she was bred I couldnt remember how she was bred lol... then I did the shortest individual show ever ( as i forgot my practice show ) lol couldnt wait to get back into my place in the line up :) we didnt place but the judge said she was lovely and I got a pen as a prize so didnt leave empty handed :D :D I didnt even remember to check if we did correct diaganls :( but I have done it now... and so pleased I actually did it..I was looking for excuses not to do it all day... but my daughter and my other pony's rider bullied me into doing it :)..... I left the ring with a beaming smile and the BEST pony she was fabulous esp considering she went in that indoor school with a rider who wasnt far from a panic attack lol and I of all people know a young pony needs a rider to be confident, today I let Melody down re confidence but she still didnt put a hoof wrong..It took me till the age of 49 but we got there in the end.

We then had a long wait for the Concours classes just as the heavens opened :( I did inhand Concours and got 4th and a lovely rosette... I saw how big the ridden class for Concours was and decided it was going to be to much for me at this show... so will save that for another day :) My daughter took Melody in the outdoor school and a guy came up to her and said " I have never seen a horse like that, she is so beautiful" my daughter was beaming :D and I have to 100% agree with the guy :D :D

Aby came unplaced in M & M because Eva canter when she should have been trotting.... 6th in Ridden M & M and unplaced in the huge ridden Concours class but they had there first Ridden Concours together and Aby was so happy to have taken part......so all in all a great day... much bigger show than we have been to before with some fabulous people and horses and ponies taking part we were all to busy to take pictures but hopefully there will be some nice professional pics posted in the next few days..a couple of pics to wet you appetite :)

I will put the link up to the show photgrapher for you too look at and any photos we buy from the show :) Really sorry we didnt get any pics lol.

Without you lot for help, advice and support and my real life friends I could never have done my ridden class :)

11951215_1017776311589862_6296899680401516788_n.jpg

11951770_1017777564923070_7045087957597943294_n.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant :D I bet you are chuffed to bits how she looked after you even when your nerves almost took over, and that you kept it together and did it :D well done :D how did Eva do too?

Brilliant :D I bet you are chuffed to bits how she looked after you even when your nerves almost took over, and that you kept it together and did it :D well done :D how did Eva do too?

Eva was unplaced in Mountain and Moorland inhand due to cantering in the trot round...... Then came 6th in the ridden M & M.... they did the larger ridden Concours class..but were unplaced..... the bottom picture above shows Aby and Eva in the ridden Concours class wearing her new outfit its a beautiful red and black number :)

11924231_938973062839296_53030141590894893_n.jpg 11094695_938973069505962_5975478844774717608_n.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
newrider.com