I dont want to be negative....

The trouble is Faye, lots of people arent commiting themselves to subscribing because they are waiting to see how busy it is. BUT, of course, it isnt very busy, because everyone is waiting to see what happens!

A perfect catch 22 situation :rolleyes:

I did always like the fact that you always got a quick reply, but Im going to focus on quality rather than quantity ;)

It will all settle down in a few weeks. It will never be as busy as it was when it was free but it will give everyone a chance to get to know each other better.

NR was way too busy before! think quality not quantity. I really like the fact that lurkers and older members are now not shying away from posting!

I no longer skip past pages and pages of posts. Sure it's not as busy but I didn't bother with a lot of threads that were posted. The last couple of days I have read most of what is posted (even if I have nothing of use to contribute!).

Its quite nice not to have so many posts on here - i used to feel quite overwhelmed by them and it took up far too much of my time trying to keep up with everything !

There are (and were) lots of pluses to it being so much quieter on here, it's much easier to keep up with what's being posted, and strangely it seems to foster a better atmosphere because you tend to end up becoming much more familiar with everyone. I have to say I like it much better so far :)

If there's not enough happening then why not start a thread or two yourself? :)

I'm actually quite liking it now. I feel i can actually keep up with the latest posts and have time to reply as i'm not a fast typer!

If there's not enough happening then why not start a thread or two yourself? :)

Thats exactly what i have done :D just waiting to see if i get replies.......:eek:

I like that its quieter,it makes the boards easier to follow and people will get to maybe become friendlier some of the old post ended up as bitching arguements which i think detered people from posting more.

I wish i had found something like this forum in the past when i used to have ponies so many times i wanted advice about something and i had to search through magazines to find the answers.

Maybe some will find the courage to post more now...Heres hoping anyway :D

I am thouroughly addicted to NR

Like others have said - I too stopped posting unless I 'really' had to say something because the chances of it actually getting read not let alone responded to where few and far between. Just look at my post count, quite embarrassing really considering just how long I've been here :eek: And, I really must give you an example...

A post talking about treeless saddles, maybe a problem with one, can't remember now without looking it up. Anyhow, I slipped in something too and backed it up with the fact that I have been involved with pressure testing of a number of top saddle around at that time. Now, wouldn't you have thought that might just have been of interest....? Hmmm, apparently not <shrugs shoulders> well if it was then no one said anything but more likely there was just too much flying past so it just wasn't read :rolleyes:

I know things will pick up again and too believe that it'll be a more genuine and helpful atmosphere for everyone to join in with :)

I have to say, I've been a member of quieter forums than this, but this week I've deleted them, I do think New Rider will grow again.

Best way is to post, not just reply, but to start posts.

Just trying to think of something to post about :eek:

I like it like this, I can actually read most things that are posted and I like less of the backbiting!! I feel I might actually be able to post pics of my (v fat) share cob without people shrieking he needs to go on a diet pronto (and he gets no hard feed and restricted grazing and is still not losing weight!)

I think part of the problem is just how busy it was before,was waaaaay busier than any other forum I've ever been on in terms of amount of members and number of posts,so in comparison it now *seems* quiet,but in reality it's probably just tha same as most other forums.

I must confess in some way's I liked how 'busy' it was as meant on a really boring day,was always something to read;)
However I knew it would be quieter,and am getting used to that now,and in some way's is better like others have said as means posts actually get read rather than passed over because there are just too many to read.

I have read and replied to many posts in the last few day's,that before I wouldn't have even got chance to look at,so in that way it's nice.

Am sure it will get a bit busier as people miss it and make their way back,but it won't be on the scale it was before,but that's probably a good thing as I think it was getting to the point of being too big,and many decent informative posts and members for that matter were getting lost in the shuffle.

newrider.com