I forgot to tell you... *now with photos*

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
About Kev's great escape :giggle:.

He has obviously had enough of box rest!

It was last Sunday and I was busy telling my friend, who was to be looking after him over New Year, how easy and well behaved he was. I was just putting his haynet up before leaving him for the day, but had the audacity to try and give him old hay (I was playing the whole 'if he's hungry enough, he will eat it eventually')...well, entirely my own fault. Rather than doing his usual and pestering me to get to the tasty new haynet, Kev spotted the gap in the stable door :frown:.

After dragging me across the car park hanging onto his rug, he realised I had no hope and promptly f*cked off up the lane!! I lost him about half way up (it's about 10/15 min brisk walk up the lane, so I was having a panic induced asthma attack by then!). Thankfully all he wanted was friends (typical Kev!), and headed straight for his previous field (and very beautiful girlfriends!). I managed to coral him in the pen at his old fields gate and caught him not bother. He walked back down the lane like a little lamb and happily daundered into his stable!

I will upload some photo's of the rascal when I can get photobucket to work! Obviously not of the great escape....I wasn't quite prepared with my camera at the ready :giggle:

Last edited:
They always do it when least expected eh?!! Lol. What a monkey. Our Joe did a lot of box rest and one time when he was recovering in a tiny paddock he managed to seize his opportunity and limboed under the loose leccy fencing that Mr T was busy sorting out. He had been so good neither of us was watching him and we let our guard down!!!!!
Hopefully your lad will be back to normal soon?

I think he is very handsome....but I am biased! Sorry the pictures are so big, I did it on my iphone and didn't realise they were ginormous!!

He went back into the field this morning for a few hours, so we will see how he goes. Thankfully he was a little sensible and waited until he was out of the mud to have a hooly! Once he was down the bottom of the field it was too dark to see what they were all up to, so I just had to leave and hope for the best.

newrider.com