I got flung off, but I wonder

Ouch that does look sore! But I can't help thinking how lightly you got of hitting the tarmac, it is one of my dreaded fears. A girl I know came off on the road and smashed her elbow as I think she must have instinctively put it out to break her fall:eek:

Ouch that does look sore! But I can't help thinking how lightly you got of hitting the tarmac, it is one of my dreaded fears. A girl I know came off on the road and smashed her elbow as I think she must have instinctively put it out to break her fall:eek:

I didn't get time to put anything in or out. I didn't really know I had gone because it's not uncommon for madam to spin and I stay.
I am very lucky to get back up and get back on. Although too sore to ride today, I have ridden twice since.

I didn't get time to put anything in or out. I didn't really know I had gone because it's not uncommon for madam to spin and I stay.
I am very lucky to get back up and get back on. Although too sore to ride today, I have ridden twice since.

Did you have your stirrups up a hole or two? I know if I am out hacking I have a more secure seat with longer stirrups but I also have started riding with mine up two holes as I have found if i am doing more flatwork and with my weak hip I am able to get a better shoulder, hip, ankle alignment. I am just thinking that if you usually sit the spins maybe it was because you had shorter stirrups that you went out the side door?? Its good you are still able to ride.:)

I am one hole shorter because last week's spin resulted in me losing the stirrup in walk. My hacking isn't flat so going up had been better cantering.
However I have got flung off before in rising trot with them the hole down. Taking my bottom out of the saddle appears to be bad news for me balance wise. :D I think sitting trot could be the way to go here.

newrider.com