I got into a pair of M&S size 12 trousers!!!!

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
They were very slightly snug but very wearable for a day still :p

I'm chuffed to nuts as I've dropped 5 sizes now on my bottom half although I now definitely have a lack of boobs! :D

If anyone has a magic wand for the last stone and a bit off my tum and thighs then I'd be grateful :p

oh well done you - 5 dress sizes is a fantastic loss, how exciting you're going to need a whole new wardrobe (that is of course if you like clothes shopping) - well done anyway x

Very well done!

What diet have you been following? That is a seriously impressive weight lost, so you rightly should feel extremely proud.

Well done!! any hints or tips?!

I've nicked your idea of the weight loss ticker thing, really have to do something about my weight now so hopefully I've got a big enough boot up my bum do get it sorted!! :D

No secret, I do one of the Cambridge Weightloss Plans and I've decided to apply to the company to be a consultant myself so I can help others :D

I'm just getting to the stabilisation stage where I go up through the higher calorie plans and learn how to eat properly and maintain my losses. That'll be the hard bit (and the bit I didn;t do last time :eek: ) but it's the bit I'm most looking forward to this time as that's the real challenge that'll make the difference.

I don't normally post too much about my weightloss on here and try to stick to the Cambridge forum for that but I was so chuffed with my M&S visit today I had to share. This time last year I was spilling out of my 17.5 inch saddle and had to stop riding. Today I rode comfortably in a 17 inch and it didn't even cross my mind to doubt I'd comfortably fit in it :cool:

Hubby is shelling out for clothes for my Birthday and is even going to come shopping with me so he can be honest about what suits and what doesn't! :D

Oh thats fantastic!!!!!!!!! Yaye to you. I can just about get into size 12 jeans, but not "proper" trousers in that size!!! (Hopefully that will all be changing soon!). Super duper indeed. Very pleased for you.

Well done!! any hints or tips?!

I've nicked your idea of the weight loss ticker thing, really have to do something about my weight now so hopefully I've got a big enough boot up my bum do get it sorted!! :D

Love the ticker :cool:

Hints and tips?

Think about what you have problems with in terms of food and where you have no issues. Pick a diet plan that will play to your strengths and help you deal with your weaknesses. :)

Joyscarer, I think you'd make a brilliant CD consultant. And size 12 - bloomin heck woman, what are you doing? And I need to do it too!!!!

Last edited:
Awww, that's very sweet of you to say so :eek:

Started on the sole source and have laterly varied it with a bit of SS+ and 810 but will go back to being strictly on programmes when I'm ready to officially move up through the programmes to begin my learning process.

That's the important bit that I won't muck about with. :)

Oh well done! You must be really proud of yourself!

I'm just getting to the stabilisation stage where I go up through the higher calorie plans and learn how to eat properly and maintain my losses

That's what most people forget, I think, dieting doesn't work on it's own, you have to change your whole lifestyle to maintain it. You must feel great! Congrats :)

:cool:

That's what most people forget, I think, dieting doesn't work on it's own, you have to change your whole lifestyle to maintain it. You must feel great! Congrats :)

:cool:

Been there done that! :eek:

Lost over 8 stone previously on a combination of diets (which is how come I took up riding again and JOy was my present for doing it last time) but thought that because I could lose 8 stone I'd beaten my issues with food.

I'm not going down that route again! As easy as I find the Cambridge I have no wish to be a numpty for a third time!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thats amazing! A massive pat on the back too you :)

I slowly crept up to a size 14 over the years BUT yesterday I bought some size 12 knickers and two size 12 tops and I've haven't been a size 12 since I was 16.

You beat me to the crunch in the 'Hello size 12, I've missed you' thread :D

I forgot to say that although I didn't buy the trousers I did buy 2 packs of pants. Trousers you can sort with a belt or just live in jods, pants don't look good with braces :p

I forgot to say that although I didn't buy the trousers I did buy 2 packs of pants. Trousers you can sort with a belt or just live in jods, pants don't look good with braces :p

Good logic lol!!

You're an inspiration Mrs JC and I'm glad you posted this. Boot up the bum to me anyway, better rider if I can lose the weight.

Very well done to you JC, what a massive achievement. I've never heard of the cambridge diet, what is it?

Well done you!! Big pat on the back for you. We have lots of before and after pics of horses and ponies, what about you? Im sure it would be an inspiration for all us fat fighters who need a kick up the rear :D

Been there done that! :eek:

Lost over 8 stone previously on a combination of diets (which is how come I took up riding again and JOy was my present for doing it last time) but thought that because I could lose 8 stone I'd beaten my issues with food.

I'm not going down that route again! As easy as I find the Cambridge I have no wish to be a numpty for a third time!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh yes! Sooo easily done, it's why all those programmes encouraging people to address the whole issue with food are great. Like Supersize vs Superskinny, which helps people look at why they're eating so much or so little. Crash dieting definitely doesn't work, and probably isn't good for you!

I say this as I sit here eating fish and chips! *Suddenly feels very guilty and rushes off to eat some fruit*

newrider.com