I guess this is acceptable

Free Adverts from New Rider

newforest

Somewhere in the solar system
Mar 15, 2008
I don't know who sells on ebay. But if you do it gives you the option to look for an item that matches yours.
You can then -I think- use someone else's listing as your template.

I don't like this simply because I am selling an item currently. Someone has used my listing template to sell their identical item.
So they've pressed a button and I did the hardwork!
They've not pinched the photos, but I must say I don't really like the idea of copying.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
I don't know who sells on ebay. But if you do it gives you the option to look for an item that matches yours.
You can then -I think- use someone else's listing as your template.

I don't like this simply because I am selling an item currently. Someone has used my listing template to sell their identical item.
So they've pressed a button and I did the hardwork!
They've not pinched the photos, but I must say I don't really like the idea of copying.
Pees me off too newforest.
I once sold an item on eBay, two weeks later it was back up for sale using my advert complete with my photos from the original listing! Bloody cheek.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Pees me off too newforest.
I once sold an item on eBay, two weeks later it was back up for sale using my advert complete with my photos from the original listing! Bloody cheek.
Of course people can list the same thing cheaper, but it's copied the actual listing.

Jan 14, 2020
Ugh! That is ridiculous. I am sorry to hear that @newforest.

@Kite_Rider I recently helped a friend sell their car. It was a older car that has a small cult following so we were able to sell it for more than expected because of the interest and because of the spare parts that were being sold with the car. My friend wanted a quick sale and the car to go to a fellow enthusiast. In the end about 3 months after selling the car OUR exact listing (they used the photos we took and the ad we wrote) was posted on a specialty car site. The buyer had sold all the spare parts, had stripped the car of its specialty parts and returned the interior to stock condition, and were trying to sell the car for more than we we had sold it to them.

• Angry
Reactions: Huggy

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
To stop people using the photos you can put your own username on them.
I know as a business people do that.
I do share photos I find, but not as I took this myself. People upload photos here and i think write, wish I had taken that, but wouldn't use it!

newrider.com