I had a brilliant morning.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Ale came in this morning for a good brush and a trim. Trimmer said his feet were looking brilliant so was really pleased with that. Was lovely just to spend some time giving him a good groom, washed his legs and re applied pig oil and trimmed his tail. He's looking much tidier now! And then to top it off the girls said the field next to him is also for him to use, so we've got even more room now and that field is more sheltered from the wind and rain! Happy pony!

Screenshot_2018-01-10-16-49-25.png

I know he's tied up to the nose ring on his dually I switched it right after I'd taken this pic as I'd completely forgotten but I never leave him unattended anyway, he's far too cheeky to be trusted alone!

He looks great. Is he completely retired now or are you going to think about bringing him back into work at some point?

He wouldn't be sound so doubt he will ever be ridden again, I try not to dwell on it too much and I'm okay with it

To expand a little more on the not being sound he has arthritis in his off side front fetlock which is the same leg he injured his check ligament and there was significant scar tissue last time that was scanned. He also has something wrong with his sacroiliac and stifles which has improved with rest but is still very obvious when he's having a trim or in canter. He seems very happy in himself not being worked and I choose not to put him through an MRI to get a clearer picture of what was happening back there as he still has the front issues anyway. He was injected in stifles and sacroiliac but that made very little difference and didn't last

I just think not working him is for the best with that combination of issues...

He does have sweet little feet compared to our side plates. :D
You had the lovely sunny day as well.
Knats were out but apart from that, lovely.

Reactions: MrA
Always love your Ale photos, his coat always looks in such good condition. Sounds like you made the best decsion for him. I did the same for my boy and he's thriving now he's retired.

Every day I just think how lucky I am to have him and the move has all worked out perfectly so again I'm really lucky.

So pleased you all like his feet, it's taken over a year but they are almost perfect now. Just a couple of bits here and there that need to strengthen but a huge improvement.

newrider.com