I have my date and new camp location now the help is really needed please

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
So the signal came today and as I thought it is High Wycombe on the 07 Oct 13.

Now I require a new yard for my boys. I have compoised the list below

DIY
Individual turn out
All year round turn out
No restriction on times at the yard morning/evening or turn out
Water
Electric
Indoor or outdoor with flood lights (at least one is a must)
Hay in fields

other extra things that would be nice
individual tack/feed rooms
American Barn style
Hay and straw included
hacking on site

Not bother if a big yard or small

I know the above is a huge ask in that part of the country hoping Squidsin will see this.

High Wycombe! I used to live in Amersham, it is lovely around there.

I think Chickflick is in the area as well as Squidsin so perhaps she can give you some advice.

Just looking on Google there are several DIY yards - Pyatts Farm, Jennings Farm, Star livery and others. I haven't looked in more detail because I'm not sure where exactly you'll be living and how far you would be prepared to drive.

Personally I would look for a yard in a small village nearby like Jordans or Bourne End, the hacking around there is gorgeous. BUT the ground is clay with flint, slippery and muddy in winter and quite hard on feet, and it is very very hilly! Good to fitten your boys!

Ooh I'm about 15 min from Wycombe, very near to Thame! Will come back to this later when I get time!

Sorry I'm no help for the area just wanted to say glad you have a date and place at least you know and no matter where your boys go they will be with you so all will be good,and I'm sure people on here will be a great help as always x

My dad is in Chinnor, the yard fits your list with indoor and outdoor school, they have their own field etc and in the small amounts of time I have spent there seems very nice.... Obviously i wouldn't wish my dad on anyone :redcarded:but I will give him a call and find out the name of the yard.

OMG how expensive are the yards down there. not seen one for less than £40 a week with two that is a mortgage a month.

Really worried and panicking already.

Thank you for some of the pointers have listed a couple to call. Need to get my name on list asap more so as there are two of them.:unsure:

My dad is in Chinnor, the yard fits your list with indoor and outdoor school, they have their own field etc and in the small amounts of time I have spent there seems very nice.... Obviously i wouldn't wish my dad on anyone :redcarded:but I will give him a call and find out the name of the yard.

Please that could be great

I'm sorry that you are having to move. I am about 40 miles from High Wycombe and you will find that things are much more expensive around this area.

Saying that, I'm sure that you will find somewhere which suits your needs. Thame is a lovely place and there are some nice villages around. Do you have to find somewhere to live as well or do the RAF provide you with accommodation?

I'm sorry that you are having to move. I am about 40 miles from High Wycombe and you will find that things are much more expensive around this area.

Saying that, I'm sure that you will find somewhere which suits your needs. Thame is a lovely place and there are some nice villages around. Do you have to find somewhere to live as well or do the RAF provide you with accommodation?

They provide accommodation which helps, we have to rent our house out here.

Currently looking at about £50 per week which I can do but will be hard. Not sure were the MQ will be yet, it will be at either medmanham or on the base itself so until I here from housing I can't narrow down the search for a yard. I will send of the request tomorrow and wait out until the get back to me then we will visit have a look for a small yard as most as massive comp yards and that's just not me.

If its Medmenham you want to look at Lane End for yards, tons of good hacking! If at the base you probably want to go out the other way towards Great Missendon. Must be tricky not knowing yet, as completely different directions, its all town between the two!

Have my name down on one at the medmenham end Bockmer!!! is it any good?

They have two stables and only 1.2 miles from the quarters but struggling with finding anything at the other end. Will call about a yard called Tudor equestrian tomorrow but it hard getting two stables.

I know I am being cheeking putting my name down for one at each end but man it is hard finding somewhere I can afford with individual turnout. I should know in the next two weeks which end I will be at.

Bockmer looks fantastic and what a location, the riding around there will be just stunning.

Only one thing puzzles me. On "facilities" it says "loft storage for stabled horses". How do they get them up to the loft in the first place? :unsure::help:

Just kidding! I am sorry it is more expensive, ObC, but I bet you will love it when you get there. It is beautiful countryside.

I'd avoid Tudor if I were you!! Have you tried the guy I gave you a number for at Wycombe end? He is very close to Affricks. Had a quick google, have you tried Hall Acres?

Never heard much either way about Bockmer, know where it is, but don't know anyone there personally.

Sunshine I called tudor but they bring in all year :cry: so not going there will check out the other place you have said in a minute.

Jane thank you will take a look and make some calls.

Honest I am not stressed at all :frown:

newrider.com